𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Yeonjun's P.O.V

I won.

I won Yeji over, I just know it.

The look on Hyunjin's face after I harshly told her the truth was so fun to watch, but I have an uneasy feeling.

There was another emotion, something no one would expect Hwang Hyunjin to feel except for me, he's the sweet heart throb after all. Anyway, I feel like something is going to happen, why would he all of a sudden want to make sure that him and Yeji could remain friends, is something going to happen that would or could make Yeji angry.

'Whatever' I thought as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Thanks for saving me, you're my hero" Yeji remarks sarcastically, "I could've perfectly told him all that by myself though" She says grumpily. "Can't you just thank me sincerely" I question playfully.

"Nice suit" Yeji compliments before looking away from me, smiling, I sneak my arm around her waist. Pulling her loser to me, I begin playing with her hair again, "So did you donate any money?" I asked her whilst she relaxes and slouches into my chest. "Yeah like what, a thousand dollars"She estimated,"Sheesh, I only put a hundred in, since there are so many rich families here, I didn't think I needed to put that much in" I scoff, kind of surprised that she gave about a thousand dollars to charity.

"Hmm you're right though, there are a lot of rich families here" Yeji agrees, "Were your parent's rich, I know my mom wasn't rich since my dad left when he found out she was pregnant with me" I told her, she stiffens at the mention of her parents but answers anyway. "They weren't rich, but they weren't poor either, they were just lazy rats who wanted someone to pay them, someone who'd give them money and make them rich, but no that person left" Our conversation goes silent.

Yeji angrily pulls my arm off her waist and moves away from me, "Great, you ruined my mood" She sighs, annoyed.

I was about to try and brighten up her mood but I was interrupted by the screeching of a mic.

"Oh sorry..."Minju stood at the centre of the ballroom with a tall mic stand in front of her, "I have an announcement I'd like to make" She exclaims with a sort of tenderness. From the corner of my eyes, I watch as Hyunjin leans back and watches Minju as if he was waiting to come in and kiss her or something. I'm not sure how to describe it but I don't have a good feeling about this.

"Well most of my family members know that I have been seeing someone.."Minju begins talking about how she's thankful for where she is now, she cracks a couple of jokes earning a few giggles and chuckles from the crowd of people watching. Minju talks a bit more about her relationship without revealing the name of this mysterious guy.

"My parents have already met my lover and most of my close friends know him too" I roll my eyes in annoyance, can she stop dragging this announcement, everyone is waiting. I watch as Yeji yawns without shame, I'm not sure if it's because of the waiting Minju is doing or because Yeji doesn't like her. "Recently, this special someone has given me the greatest gift ever" She elaborates on the topic whilst I start snoring.

However, a shiny small crystal catches my attention, a ring. A small, gorgeous ring is placed on Minju's ring finger while she continues talking. "Now, I'd like to declare that, Hwang Hyunjin has proposed to me!" My heart drops into my stomach in shock as I watched Hyunjin grin brightly while walking up to Minju, it's pretty clear that she said yes.

The cherished couple lock lips whilst everyone cheers at the great news, Hyunjin and Minju's parents shockingly shake hands and hug as they celebrate. Thats why this event was so formal I thought, well that's good for them, I guess, I don't really care.