𝐇𝐨𝐭 & 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲

Sunday 2:46 PM

Yeji's P.O.V

Getting out of my car, I lock my doors and than proceed to make my way up the large house.

My father had requested to meet me.

Even when I'm an adult now, my heart was still thumping with fear from when I was a child, would he scold me like before?

Taking in a deep breath, I placed my finger on the door bell, pressing it a moment later. Hoping for the best, I hear the faint sound of the door bell ring from inside. Soon the door swung open to reveal my step mother who was wearing a tight, red dress that showed her unnatural looking curves.

Like before, her face was stuffed with lots of foundation and more makeup so she came out looking really pale, not in a good way.

However, I'm too nervous to make fun of her.

I was mad at myself for being so nervous, I should be the one giving him my orders on what I'm going to do, but it wasn't that easy.

"Are you here for your father?" Nodding, my stepmother than lead me to his office, which had transparent, glass doors. He had those familiar glasses that I used to always see him wear, I knocked on the door and he looks up with his brows furrowed. Once he realizes it's me, he signals for his wife to leave and than gets up to open the door.

Gulping, I walked into the colder room, his shelves were organized by colours which somehow intimidated me. I also figured out how dull the room felt, "Yeji please take a seat" The sternest in his voice told me that he wasn't messing around and again I hated how that scared me.

He made me feel like the little kid that was always scared of failing anything and when I did fail he'd give a scolding that'd make me cry, I cried a lot.

"Yeji what was that! you slapped our ambassador in public while we're in heat because of the press, I know Minju has acted poorly towards our company but that isn't an excuse for doing that in front of everyone! you should know better!" I hung my head low and played with my thumb since Minju isn't out ambassador anymore and soon he began raising his tone little by little.

Tears trickled down my cheeks and I wiped them slowly as I was too busy trying to stay strong.

"Yeji do you have any idea how much you've ruined our chances to other opportunities, this behaviour is incompetent and ignora-" He stops talking and I don't want to look up because my eyes are already starting to water against my will.

However, I look up while wiping my eyes excessively, "Yeji...I'm sorry, I'm doing it again" My attention was now alert and I looked in my fathers eyes with a now confused look. "I'm scolding you like before, your the one helping me and I'm complaining because you were just expressing built up stress that I've put on you" Blinking multiple times, I nod slowly.

Because that was exactly it, built up stress and not only the fact that she provoked me, "She provoked me too Mr. Hwang" I say his name and don't bother to see his reaction. I don't care if he's finally understood the situation, this simple mistake will happen again, "You know, my father used to do this to me as well, there was this one senior who would go against my father's orders occasionally and he provoked me one day causing me to start beating up my senior, my father gave me a good beating and talk afterwards" He laughs it off as if I'd understand him.

"If that's all than I'll start leaving" I told my father but before I could go, he interrupted me first.

"I'm so sorry Yeji, for what I've done to your life, when you were supposed to go to parties and hang out with others, I made you work harder for absolutely no reaso-" Cutting him off, I add.