Chapter Forty Eight

Come on, let's try the new shower. Danielle said hopping out of the bed and leading Stefania by the hand to the new en-suite bathroom.

The women washed each other, massaging shampoo through each other's hair and enjoying the quiet time just being together. They got out the shower and dried off, pulling on sleep wear before climbing back into bed. "I like it here" Stefania said as she stroked the head of the American that was laid on her chest. "You do?" Danielle blushed lifting her gaze to Stefania. "But it's basically just a building site right now. So if you like it now, I hope you'll love it when it's finished" she smiled bashfully. "I do like the building Bella but what I actually meant was... uh... Voglio dire, essere a letto con te sdraiato sopra di me in questo modo." Stefania smiled pecking a kiss on Danielle's forehead. Danielle propped herself up on her elbow twirling a strand of Stefania's hair in her fingers. "anche a me piace essere qui" she whispered laying her hand on Stefania's chest, over her heart. "I like the sound of your heartbeat in my ear. It calms me and grounds me. I've not had that in my life for so long. I'm so happy to have found you Stefania. I lo... I lucked out when I accepted this new job" she pushed herself up landing a kiss on the brunette's lips. Stefania wrapped her arms around the torso of the blonde and pulled her over until her full body was on top of the Italian.

The two shared a long, slow kiss before Danielle slid back down on to the mattress again resuming her position beside the brunette, propped up on her elbow once more. They lay in comfortable silence just looking at each other until Stefania spoke. "You know Bambina, you were very skilled the other night with the strap" Danielle was taken aback by the revelation. She looked at the Italian with wide eyes "uhm... thank you? I guess..." she said with a confused from on her face. "I've never done that before" Stefania admitted rubbing her hand up & down the blonde's back. "You wh... What?! You've never done that before?! But... it's your strap... how can you not have done that?!" Danielle asked wide eyed! "Yes it is mine. And of course I've done THAT. I've done it many times. With the real thing too. But what I meant was... I've never allowed anyone to use it ON me especially in my bed. I've always been the top and never in my room. Always in the other room." She kissed Danielle's partially parted lips and smiled at the blonde. "Don't look so panicked Bambina. What I'm trying to say is... you've changed me Danielle. I'm happy to submit to you. I'm happy to have you in my home & in my bed. And above all else, I'm beyond delighted to have you in my heart. I lu... lucked out too"  She winked at Danielle, both knowing they feel the same way but both still reluctant to say those 3 tiny words. Danielle crashed their lips together in a passionate kiss. They spent the next 15 minutes having a good old fashioned make out session before eventually settling down to sleep.

Danielle was awake at 6 the next morning with the sound of rain battering on the bedroom window & she could hear thunder rumbling in the distance. "Ugh! There goes my run this morning & flying is going to be fun" she thought to herself. She'd had a restless sleep as the conversation with Andrew had been playing on her mind. This was now her 2nd trip back to Seattle in under a month and she still hadn't told her family. She could feel the panic starting to creep in so she slipped out of bed, careful not to disturb the sleeping beauty by her side. Danielle looked at Stefania sound asleep her hair partially covering her face, her lips parted slightly with small subtle snores escaping them. She was awestruck and still couldn't believe her luck that this Italian goddess was hers. She'd never felt so much warmth and love before but still there was a tiny bit of niggling doubt in the back of her mind. She was terrified that one day Stefania would realise that Danielle was broken and not enough. She was waiting for her world to come crashing down just as it had done in the past. She was so consumed in her own thoughts she hadn't realised that she'd made her way to the shower and was now standing under the running water. She was only pulled from her thoughts when she felt slender tanned arms sliding round her torso from behind.