Chapter Twenty Nine

She watched as the plane swiftly & smoothly touched down in San Francisco.

Jason, Chandra, Caterina and Kevin were quick to descend the jet steps and into the waiting car. Just as Stefania got outside the flight deck, the door swung open causing her to jump.

"Oh Danielle, you made me jump" the Italian panted. "Sorry Baby, I didn't mean to scare you" Danielle said placing a hand in the small of Stefania's back and kissing her shoulder. They walked down the stairs to the car where Danielle was surprised to find the driver's seat already occupied. Stefania saw the look on Danielle's face and explained before the blonde had a chance to ask "I thought you'd be tired from flying so I just booked an Uber to take us to the hotel." "Hmmm, thank you" Danielle smiled.

The journey to the Fisherman's Wharf Riu hotel was only about 30 minutes so Stefania didn't bother trying to do any business. Instead all she could do was stare at Danielle. Her uniform making her look so damn hot. As they were in company though she decided to be discreet. She took her phone out her pocket and sent the blonde a text.

SS: do you have any idea how good you look in that uniform?! 🥵
DS: well... I think I have some idea as I've noticed you trying to undress me with your eyes ever since I stepped out the bathroom back at the bar wearing it 😉
SS: 😳 I didn't think you had noticed 🙈 Maybe we can have a bit of fun with the uniform later though?
DS: oh yeah... what do you have in mind exactly? Actually, I'm sure I can guess. But you know, we still need to have a conversation...
SS: Yes Bambina I know. And we will. I promise. Let's get to the hotel and get changed then go for some dinner? We can talk then?
DS: oh... you go for dinner with the others if you want. I'm exhausted though. Today has been a lot. I was thinking of just ordering room service and having a chilled night.
SS: No Bella, room service sounds perfect to me. I don't mind having a quiet night in with you. Unless you'd prefer to be on your own?

Danielle didn't reply she just grinned at Stefania and shook her head. Stefania reciprocating her smile. "What's the plans for tonight then?" Caterina asked interrupting the silence. "Well my cousin lives here, so Jason and I are going to visit him and his family." Chandra stated. "What about you Dani? Do you want to join Kevin and I for dinner? Stef, you too if you want." Caterina then said whilst smiling at Stefania. Danielle avoided looking at her but just said "no thank you" in response. Stefania could see something odd in Danielle's eyes though. "Thank you Caterina but today has been a full on day. I think I'm just going to order room service and maybe watch a movie. Danielle is free to join me if she wants." Stefania said even though she already knew Danielle's answer. However, the next thing Danielle said surprised her. "I'm actually going to hit the gym. I've not been for a run today and I'm feeling it. I need a run. I don't really know this city very well so I'm just going to run on the treadmill. I'm not sure how long I'll be so just sort yourself out and I'll grab something later." Danielle never lifter her eyes from her feet for the rest of the journey but Stefania could see her jaw was tense and her breath was shallow.

They arrived at the hotel and Jason went to check them all in. Her arrived back at the group with 3 keys. "I presumed you four would be the same pairings as last time?" He asked. Handing one key to Kevin and one to Stefania. "Aye Cat and I will be together" he smiled. Danielle just surveying the scene with narrowed eyes until she heard Stefania speak "it's fine with me, unless Danielle would prefer a room to herself?" "What? No, it's fine. I don't need a room to myself."