The terrible miserable me

Start from the beginning

"That was not a smart move, but the way mishka woke up, the only sense I can make of it is, she was present unconsciously and if I knew, that she loved you this much, maybe  I---", mother ends up crying and nupur runs to hold her.

"Aunty, I was really rude but I am equally st fault about whatever happened", akash sounds guilty

"I wish to be left alone", I chime in, nothing feels good right now

The three of them look at me, really confused and they keep looking at each other and me.

"Don't worry, I am not planning to kill myself again", I respond

"Mishka! Don't say such stuff", nupur scolds  me

I look away, as everyone is walking away from the room, I decide to lie down. I try to pull the blanket but my limbs don't move. It terrifies me, I still have not been able to process the reality. The last thing I want is to be dependant on someone for tiniest of things.  I was hoping to die and now, I am stuck in this lybrinth of helplessness.

Nupur, stops and directs mother and akash to go outside, and they oblige. She slowly walks towards me and I pretend to not see her walking towards me. As soon as she walks by my side, I lie on the other side, pretending to be sleepy. But, it does not work.

"Mish...", nupur speaks slowly

"Nupur....don't even try"

"Mish...listen to me please"

"I don't want your sympathy talk, alright?"

Nupur, aggressively pulls me and forces me to sit on the bed. I give her a death glance but she does not move away.

"Stop trying to shut things away like always!"

"What good will that do nupur?"

"Try it once. Let your emotions out, allow yourself to process everything!"

"Yes, I am not a disabled girl, who will have to be dependant on people for every tiny thing!"

"Mish! Stop being so negative, I know its so hard ---"

"No you don't okay? You know nothing! Your mom died when you are a baby! I saw my mom being snatched away from me. I saw my father turning into a complete stranger! I was separated from my own brother, who still believes I am his cousin or some shit! The guy I love, started dating the girl who pissed me off the most! And, instead of dying that day, I am now wheel chair bound for maybe life!! You know nothing okay? No one knows nothing!", I start to cry.

I don't remember crying like this in over two years. Or maybe more. The more I tried to be in control, the more I sobbed. Nupur, instead of walking away, walks towards me and hugs me tightly. She kisses my forehead and hugs me even tighter.

I must have been hugging her for almost 10 mins now. She does not move, and it feels so safe and warm, that I dont move either.

*knock* *knock*

"Who is it?", nupur tries to lean in a manner, trying to see who is outside.

"Its, me, akash"

"Come in!", she calls him in, while wiping my tears.

Why is she just such a pure soul?

"H...hi...mish", akash slowly smiles

"Hi", I respond

"I will check on mom", nupur chimes in,and I nod slowly.

Nupur walks out, its just akash and me in the room. We don't speak a word, he keeps looking at me, and I do the same.