Nightmares•Shadowpeach•

(Takes place during season 3, requested by CandyApple427...some misspelling might be here so uh sorry😅)

MK had started to realise how close the golden and black haired monkeys seemed to be closer after the incident awhile ago. It wasn't long before he found them holding there tails and in a sweet embrace, it was awkward at first but MK and the two monkeys got use to someone else knowing about there 'secret' relationship. After that the two monkeys started training MK, it was nice at first but it felt nicer when MK realised that he was getting really attached to the two monkeys. Seeing them as great father figures.. but the only downfall of having Macaque with them was that he always had these morbid nightmares. Nightmares about LBD, MK knew what was happening the instant Macaque had started to distant himself more. Keeping out of discussions, saying no for game nights, and he even started to sleep on the couch hurdled in on himself as he just slept there.

Wukong was also trying to register that during the time they were trying to get rid of LBD, Macaque had part of her power. It took a toll on both of them as it was another reason Macaque was on the couch, they both needed space to think about some things. But MK only saw this and he felt his chest tighten. MK wanted to do something..but he himself also knew that, these nightmares are permanent. And only one person will be able to calm those nightmares down,

"Wukong? Macaque is having another nightmare.." MK said lightly as he leaned his forehead on the wooden door that lead to The Great Sage's room, a small shuffle and a click from the door and it swung open. Wukong with a tired expression yawned, "Can you go calm him down? He...doesn't really seem to want me when he's in this state of mind bud," MK frowned but it quickly turned into a determine one.

Wukong groaned out, MK moved out of the way so that Wukong could walk out the room. "If he hits me again I'm blaming you kid." Wukong said sternly and once he left MK's vision, he let out a breath that he was holding.

While MK was still at Wukong's doorway, Macaque was hugging himself tightly as he kept shaking his black tail flicking back and forth violently. His eyes were screwed shut and he was bitting his lips, blood daring to come out as he bit down. Wukong walked into the room and he instantly winced as he saw Macaque's state.

It wasn't anything morbid..but it pained the golden furred monkey more as he stood there watching as Macaque hugged himself..small tears falling sown his face. Wukong walked closer to him not wanting to startle him even more, "Macaque? Hey bud it's me.." Wukong gave a small smile as he saw Macaque's eyes open and look up to him.

"No!" Macaque yelled out as he hid himself under the thin blanket he had, Wukong sighed and he pulled his hands away. "I can't hurt him...not Peaches..please." Wukong felt his chest tingly at the nickname and he sat down beside Macaque. "You won't hurt me bud..I'm the almighty Great Sage! Unstoppable." Macaque chuckled and he sniffed as he uncovered his head to take a look at the other monkey. "And very reckless." Macaque said and he laughed when he saw the earned offended look on Wukong's face.

"I am no were near reckless. Plus if I was then this whole mountain would've even nothing but flat land!" Wukong said and he smiled when he heard small stiffled laughter come from Macaque. "Now come on, let's go back to bed cause I'm quite sleepy." Wukong stood up from his sitting position on the couch and held his hand out to Macaque.

"Before you say 'no' your coming back to sleep with me," Macaque looked at Wukong's hand and huffed out as he grabbed the hand and stood up. The thin blanket had fallen off his head and was wrapped around the rest of his body. "But what if i- Wukong!"

Macaque yelled out as he felt himself be lifted off the ground. "Sun Wukong put me down! I can walk myself!" Macaque grumbled out a string of swear words as he was carried like a little kid in Wukong's arms. The warmth coming off the golden furred monkey dared to call him into a sleep. But he refused and stayed awake as he was carried back into Wukong's and his room.

"So you want me to hold you like this while we sleep or you gon' let go of my tail?" Macaque gave a confused look but it turned into embarrassment when he realised. His own tail was wrapped around Wukong's tightly, but he hadn't realised.. "Stupid tail-" Wukong giggled as Macaque wrapped his arms around Wukong holding him close and tightly. "Alright, guess you not letting go today." Wukong walked over to his bed and placed Macaque down first before being pulled into the bed and Macaque was back to holding him like some body pillow.

"Macaque- I can't breathh," Wukong said and he let out a long breath when his lungs were finally able to breath again. Macaque was hugging Wukong by the chest his face hiding. "You know the kid was the one who just told me to go and get you..he really cares for you Macaque." They both stayed silent as there breathing was the only thing making noise in the room. Macaque felt his tail fall limply near Wukong's own tail, forcing it to stop moving closer. "I know...do you think he knows about these nightmares? He knew before hand what was happening to me.." Macaque said and he felt Wukong's breathing become unsteady. "I'm not sure..but if he does then, he needs our help too. We're like parents to the kid know..he really does care about us both," Wukong smiled when he his tail wrap around Macaque's leg, the grip soft and gentle.

"Want to tell me what the nightmare was about?" Macaque closed his eyes as his own tail wrapped around one of Wukong's legs copying the past action. "I...I hurt you and the kid. Badly, you were-" Macaque pulled himself closer to Wukong the nightmare flashing in his memory like some flashlight. "You were bleeding so much i- I thought I killed you! And then the kid was on the floor...bleeding too." Wukong felt himself become sad at the fact that he hadn't realised how bad these nightmares actually were. "I'm here..you know I can't die. I'm immortal bud...I will never die. No matter what," Wukong said and he hugged Macaque as he felt him starting to cry all over again. "You know better than me that the nightmare will never come true. I will be there..I'm always here dear." Macaque smiled as his lips trembled. Wukong placed his head on top of Macaque's head...rubbing his back softly and patting.

It wasn't long before the crying became into small snores from Macaque. He fell asleep crying..crying at the memory of his nightmare became more and more vivid in his memory, "See...I'm still here." Wukong wispered out and he stopped rubbing Macaque's back, his breathing was soft against his chest. "Ohh can I join the cuddles Monkie King!" MK said in a wisper but excitement vibrated off the boy. Wukong smiled and chuckled, "Come on kid. You too.." MK let out giggles as he hurried over to the two monkeys, he crawled onto to the bed and layed layed behind the golden furred monkey. His arms wrapped around him and he huddled close, the warmth passing to him. "We'll talk about your nightmares tomorrow. For now sleep..you also need it bud," MK let out a nervous laugh as he realised he's even caught too.

"I love you dad.." Wukong froze and his eyes widened. But they were quickly filled with happiness and unshed tears. MK felt his eyes close as he himself fell into a sleeping state..

"I love you too kid. The best kid I've met.." Wukong smiled and he closed his eyes as he took in the comforting arms that were wrapped around his ribs. Warmth and small snores filled the room once more..and this time Wukong didn't want it to end or leave.