Chapter 22: She's Scared Of Me

James's POV,

"James!" Rhiannon runs after me, as I walk home, I roll my eyes before looking behind me.

"What?" I spit at her.

"You and Delila an item?" she asks, is it hurt I see in her eyes?

"Yeah," I smile, counting myself lucky that she is mine.

"Oh, I see," She smirk before she frowns. "I probably shouldn't be telling you this, since you know, Delila might not obviously want you to know..."

"What wouldn't she want me to know?" I raise an eyebrow and completely stop walking.

"I don't know if I should tell, it's really not my secret to say," She looks at the ground.

"Rhiannon..." I say her name through gritted teeth.

"Fine! Fine! Okay!" She lifts her hands above her head in defeat. "Don't tell her I told you, but I saw her walking towards her home, with Aaron, his hand over her shoulders, really close, really lovey dovey." She looks down before looking back at me.

"Right, thanks." I storm into the direction of my house. As soon as I unlock the door I drop my bag in the hallway and go up the stairs, two at a time, and into my room. Chucking my uniform into a pile on the floor and putting on some black skinny jeans and a dirty pig shirt, before adding a dirty pig hoodie, I then grab my phone and walk downstairs.

"James? Help?" My sister asks as I walk through the living room, I stop dead in my tracks.

"What with Rita?" I turn around.

"2x+5y-x+6y+3x= ? Oh and simplify the answer." She rolls her eyes causing a light chuckle to escape my lips. I sit next to her on the sofa and look at it.

"4x+11y, is that all?" I ask her, telling her the answer.

"Yeah bro, thanks. Oh will you be in for dinner?" She asks as I get up and put on my shoes.

"Probably, if not I'll text you, promise, be good, think mum said she'll be home at 7?" I shrug, taking my helmet and bike keys, shutting the door behind me. I don't know why I'm so angry. Oh yeah. My girlfriend is spotted walking home with her ex, close to her. I put the keys into my motor bike and put my helmet on before making my way to Delila's and Skip's house. It doesn't take me long at all, I'll probably get a speeding ticket through the post soon, oh well.

"James?" Skip waves to me as soon as I pull into their drive, turn off the engine and take off my helmet.

"Is Deli in?" I ask.

"Yeah up in her room I think, no wait, she's in the living room!" Rikki answers me as she brings herself and Skip a drink.

"Right, thanks," I thank the pair and go inside. As soon as I step in I see her, oh and him. He has the guts to be in her house? After everything he done to her?

"What the fuck mate?!" I'm furious.

"James!" Delila smiles at me, while Aaron is just smirking and sits further into the sofa.

"What is HE doing here?" I look at Aaron who is smirking and then drapes his hand on Deli's shoulder.

"I'm just-" I cut her off and swing for Aaron, the moment he pulls her closer to him. I throw punches at his jawline, and I can't stop myself, even though he isn't fighting back.

"What the hell James?!" I hear Delila's angelic voice in the background somewhere. "James stop it! You're hurting him! He's not even fighting back! Stop it!" She tries to stop me but I nudge her off, causing her to fall and hit her head on the opposite armchair sofa.

"What the fuck James!" Skip pulls me off of Aaron and my eyes immediatelly travel to Delila who is now sitting with tears in her eyes.

"Shit Delila, I'm so sorry I," I try to get closer to her but she moves away with fear in her eyes. She's scared of me? Oh crap. I must of reminded her of when that dick used to beat her up. Shit. I turned like him, she must hate me. "Deli speak to me..." I beg and try to get closer but she keeps moving.

"Go away..." She barely whispers, tears falling down her face.

"James, I think you should go before I loose it and beat the living crap out of you!" Skip warns.

"I didn't mean to, I... I, Deli!" I try to make eye contact with her, but she is avoiding my gaze.

"James, leave," Rikki politely nods to the door. What have I done?

Delila's POV,
What got into him? I was just helping Aaron with some Geography, because he is lacking behind in our Geography class and he asked just for a bit of help. I didn't know James was going to react this way. He seemed hurt when I backed away when he tried to comfort me. I'm scared, of him, but I don't want to be.

"Here," I give Aaron a tissue to help him clean some of the blood which was running from his nose.

"Thanks," He winces a bit when Rikki and I clean the cuts, before putting an ice pack on it.

"I'm so sorry for the way he reacted..." I apologise as soon both Skip and Rikki are out of the room.

"I deserved it, I used to be like this, and the worst thing is I used to be like this to you, which you didn't deserve at all." He takes my hand. "Delila, if I could take back time and never hurt you and loose you I would, I have never stopped loving you, and I miss you." He looks me in the eyes.

"Aaron you know I can't you've hurt me too much-" He cuts me off.

"And he won't?" Aaron spits. I look down.

"He didn't mean to, it was an accident, I'm sure he'd never hurt me, he loves me." I quickly reply playing with the sleeves of my uniform.

"Do you really love him though?" Aaron asks me. "After today? Aren't you scared he'll do this to you? I care about you Delila," He cups my cheeks, but I pull out of his grip.

"I trust him," I say, though I'm sure that Aaron knows that I am really not that sure.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for him to make a mistake to get you back Lila, I'll be watching his every move," he gets his stuff and leaves.
What do I do? I don't want James to be another version of Aaron, I was abused enough in that relationship, I really thought James was different, I actually thought he was the one. Why did he do it in the first place?
I make my way to my room and look at my phone.

17 messages from: James
25 missed call from: James

I turn my phone off, ignoring him, I don't want to talk to him right now.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vote, Comment and DM for more!
Anyone else shocked?
~ILoveYouBraddyBoy x