Chapter 50, Part 3

Astrid's P. O. V:

As we enter, we have to crouch as the ceiling was low, but we were soon able to straighten.

As we walk, I say, "Merlin, I just want you to know, that even if we fail here, I'll continue to walk the path of darkness with you." He gazes at me as I continue. "You must also know that, sometimes, life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place."

I look to my husband to see him gazing at me with awe shining in his eyes

I look to my husband to see him gazing at me with awe shining in his eyes. He just nods his head in gratitude as we keep walking. Merlin and I reach the centre of the cave, looking just as it had the last time we were here.

Suddenly, the flame of the torch winks out, and a male and female voice calls, causing us to whip around, "Emrys, Astrid! Over here, Emrys, Astrid!" Merlin whips out his blade Gwaine had given him and I whip out my own. The voices were Morgana's and Cassius's.

Merlin and I turn and step further into the cave, gazing around for the witch. "We see you, Morgana, Cassius," I announce.

"How well you two have kept your secret," Her voice says from behind us, causing Merlin and I to whirl. "How well you've protected my brother." From behind us again, causing the warlock and I to whirl around.

"Face us, Morgana, Cassius!" Merlin and I snap in unison.

"Who would've though it?" From in front of us. It was my brother. "A worthless servant with all that power."

The elf king's and Morgana's voices sound like they're coming from all directions.

"Face us!" Merlin and I snap once more.

"You cannot help your King, now, and you cannot protect your precious warlock. You cannot even help yourselves!" Cassius mocks.

"Why do you hide?" I question as we turn around.

"Still afraid of us?" The warlock adds.

"We fear no one," Cassius's voice says from behind us, making Merlin and I freeze.

"Least of all, you!" Morgana finishes fiercely.