Chapter 5, Part 2

Merlin's P. O. V:

I ride beside Arthur and Morgana and Gwen ride behind us as we gallop through the woods, in the direction of Ambience.

As we travel, I could still feel Astrid's pain; her whip scars having been reopened, pain in her arms and legs, as well as other parts of her body.

I send through the bond that I was coming.

We soon reach the border where we find Eclipse munching on grass. After securing him, my friends and I ride into the city, to rescue the Queen.

I can only hope we can get to her in time.

Astrid's P. O. V:

I have no idea how long it's been since I was brought here. Days, weeks... I wonder if anyone was even coming for me, despite having reached out to Merlin.

My body is filled with pain, pain I haven't felt in years.

I'm currently being sliced into by my brother's dagger, my blood coating the floor of the throne room around me.

As Cassius continues to cut my skin, my mind is swept away by memories of the past.

I'm being held by a guard as my husband and son stand near me, struggling to get free of their captors. Derek has long silver hair with it in a single waterfall braid, and sky blue eyes. Our son, Kiran, looks just like him, just with his hair in a high ponytail.

 Our son, Kiran, looks just like him, just with his hair in a high ponytail

(Derek, played by Orlando Bloom from The Lord of the Rings)

(Kiran, played by Chris Hemsworth, just with long, platinum blonde hair and blue eyes, and without these marking on his face)

When my brother, Cassius walks into the throne room, coming to stand before us, Derek demands to know, "What is the meaning of this?"

When Cassius smiles back at him, my blood runs cold. "I'm simply taking what's rightfully mine. The only problem is you and your son."

"I don't care what you do to me, but leave my wife and son out of this!"