Chapter 6, Part 2

Astrid's P. O. V:

The next afternoon, in my pink dress, I make my way down the steps in the dark tunnel that lead to the dungeons below Camelot, an orb of light glowing in my palm, acting as my torch.

(Like in the picture)

I decided I needed to see an old friend to get some answers, about the Druid boy. I had to know if he's friend or foe, and how to handle this situation.

I soon reach a rocky ledge looking out over a cavern, but there was no sign of the great dragon. My lips curl into a smirk.

"I know you're there, old friend. And you know who I am."

I get no response, and no one appears.

I remove my glamour as I call, "If you want to play the game of patience and silence, then two can play at that game, for I am over a thousand years old. I can wait you out."

Wry laughter echoes down from above before a giant winged shape sails into view, landing on a rocky pillar before me, golden eyes glowing brightly in the dimness.

"I never thought I'd see you here so soon, after our previous meeting, Queen Astrid," Kilgarrah says, eyeing my faerie ears. "I see you've come out of hiding at last?"

"Not while Uther is King," I say, shaking my head. Understanding gleams in his eyes. "I didn't come for a friendly conversation. Cassius has found me in Camelot. He... He tried to break me and get me to join him, but I refused."

"As you should," Kilgarrah says.

"I did not come here for myself. I came to ask you about something," I tell Kilgarrah pointedly.

"The Druid boy?" Kilgarrah states, making me blink my eyes.

"Then you know why I'm here." It wasn't a question. More like a statement.

"The Druid boy cannot be allowed to live. If you've seen this, then you know what I mean." I remember that vision I'd had just before Mordred showed up in Camelot. In it, I saw a great battle in Camlamn, and an older version of Mordred slaying King Arthur.

"So, he really will kill Arthur?" I question wearily, making Kilgarrah nod. "I can't let Merlin burden this alone. It's too much for one person to bear. I... I don't want Merlin to be alone in his destiny."

"And he won't be. As I've told you all those months ago, your lives are bound together. You are to guide and protect him, and love Merlin like no other. That is your destiny," Kilgarrah says. "I can see that Merlin has begun to help you heal from your past wounds."

"Yes, I have. Thanks to him. But I... I never thought I would ever overcome the pain of my past," I say softly, my blue gaze softening at the mention of the warlock. A small smile forms on my lips.

"You can. And you will. With Merlin's guidance. Remember: the Druid boy cannot be allowed to live." With that says, Kilgarrah spreads his wings and takes off, back over the ledge.