Chapter 36, Part 4

Astrid's P. O. V:

When we arrive, Leon and Gwen carry torches, Elyan on Gwaine's back.

Lamia says as she enters the dark tunnel, "This way."

We start to follow her when Merlin grabs Percival's arm and whispers, "This is madness, Percival! Elyan needs help! Astrid was right when she said you know nothing about this girl. You've no idea where she's taking you."

I pause close to the males and watch wearily as Percival steps close to my husband, until he's backed up against the rocky wall, and whispers, "You heard Sir Leon. We've no interest in your opinion. And, none of us care what your precious wife thinks. So, keep your mouth shut, or I'll shut it for you!"

"You'll be interested in my opinion, Sir Percival, when I order you to keep away from my husband until you get your act together!" I say sternly as I pull Merlin close to me and give the knight a narrowed eyed glare

"You'll be interested in my opinion, Sir Percival, when I order you to keep away from my husband until you get your act together!" I say sternly as I pull Merlin close to me and give the knight a narrowed eyed glare. "If you harm him, then I'll take the pleasure of shutting your mouth, got it?"

I know they're only under a spell, but I won't just let him walk all over Merlin. Percival and I stare each other down until Percival finally backs off and follows after the others.

I breathe a sigh of relief as I turn to my husband and ask, "Are you alright?" He nods.

"You didn't have to do that, Astrid."

"Of course I did. You're my husband. Now, let's hurry and get out of this dump!" I say before taking Merlin's hand in mine and following after our comrades.

As we walk down the tunnel, the torchlight suddenly blinks out. Leon asks as I grab a torch, "Is everyone alright?"

I mutter under my breath, feeling my eyes flash gold, "Scin scire." A flame springs to life on my torch and I go to light the one Leon is holding, creating another flame.

"Where's Lamia?" Leon asks frantically. He holds the torch as he gazes ahead for her and calls worriedly, "Lamia!"

The knights move on ahead as I return to Merlin and Gwen, the torch gripped in my hand. Shaking my head in exasperation with Merlin, the three of us follow after them.

We reach a door in the wall and Leon pushes it open to reveal what looks like a throne room, filled with bare skeletons. I wrap my fingers around Merlin's sleeve as my face pales at the sight before us, Percival now carrying my torch.

I ask, "What is this place?"

Leon responds, "Whatever it is, it isn't safe. We need to find Lamia. She could be in danger!"

Merlin says as I release his sleeve, "We're the ones in danger, Leon! She's brought us here to... she's lead us to a trap!"

Percival snaps at him, "THAT'S A LIE!"