Chapter 33~Past

Everyone looked at him in confusion as shiva stepped inside the hall with kartik. His eyes went to all the decorations and the banner of happy anniversary and a sad chuckle ringed in his mind.

He looked at Ravi who was looking divine but then a sad look passed through his eyes. He gulped his saliva and looked around again.

"Bhai yeh baccha kon hai?" karan said pointing to kartik who was looking at everyone with awestruck eyes.

Shiva took a deep breath and calmed down his nerves. "He is my son."

Ravi stumbled back hearing his words. Preeta who was nearby held her hand and she looked at her tearfully not able to believe his words. Everyone present there was in a shock.

Ravi walked towards him with slow steps and stood in front of her. Her eyes showed pain and hurt. His heart pinched to see those tears which were caused by him.

"Ravi..." His words stopped as a hard slap came across his face. He looked at her in shock. She smiled at him bitterly. "Mazak samajhke rakha hai kya apne. Kya bole ja rahe ho ap?"

Shiva bit his lower lip and looked the other side controlling his tears. He was about to say something but stopped as he saw rakhi advancing towards him. She looked at kartik and then at him.

"Wohi kali ankhein, tere jaisi naak, wohi masoom chehera....shiva yeh kya Nandini ka beta hai?" she looked at him for any answer. Shiva looked down and nodded in yes and tears fell from his eyes.

Rakhi bent down and touched Kartik's height and held his face. Tears were flowing from her eyes. She cupped his face and kissed his forehead. Ravi, karan and preeta were hell confused.

Kritika went forward and held Shiva's hand. "Bhai Nandini bha..." she stopped realizing what she was about to say. "Nandini didi kaha hai?"

Shiva gulped down the lump in his throat and nodded in no. "Jane se pehle yeh khubsurat sa sach chodke gayi hai mere pass." Kritika look at him with shock and a sob escaped her lips and she put her hand on her mouth as tears fell from her eyes.

"Shiva please batao kya hua hai? Mujhe kuch samajh nahi a raha hai." Ravi said in a desperate voice. She was panicking a lot. Shiva walked to her and held her hand. She looked at him waiting for some answer.

"JO main bolunga dhyan se sunna ravi. I have hidden the biggest truth of my life from you. Even ki karan ko bhi nahi pata hai iske bare mein. Ise aise portray kiya gaya tha that it never happened but the truth is that it happened." Ravi was about to say something but he put his fingers on her lips nodding in no. Ravi sighed and nodded in yes.

"Nandini Sharma was her name, my first love. She was my batch mate in college. I fell for her in the first sight. She was the diva of the college. But yet not rude and arrogant. My relationship with her was blissful. She was accepted by my family but her family was conservative isliye usne un logo ko kuch nahi kaha.

Karan didn't knew anything. He was just 14 years old and was studying in London with kavin. Everything was going smoothly until one day she disappeared. She completely became invisible. I tried finding her but with vain. I was depressed and uski wajah se I don't want to be a devdas isliye I tried fighting with her memories. Samaira, Aryan and ansh were of great support to me at that time. Karan aur kavin ko India bula liya just to make myself busy.

And wohi hua, bhai ko business mein help karte karte, karan ko sambhalte sambhalte I got normal. Sab kuch perfect tha. You came. We got married. We fell in love. Everything was back to a fairytale. But jab main delhi gaya conference ke liye I got a call from hospital. Waha mujhe Nandini mili.

She was fighting with cancer. She told that uski family ko pata lag gaya tha hamare bare mein and so to save my life she ran away. And at that time she was pregnant with kartik. Kartik ko mujhe deke she died. I know you are hurt that I have hidden this truth from you but mujhe nahi pata tha ki mera ateet mere samne aise a jayega."

Ravi was quiet unusually. Preeta and Karan's eyes have widen like saucers hearing him. Shiva was shivering slightly with fear. The fear of losing her. He cannot afford that. He have already lost his first love and now losing her will be the worst nightmare ever.

Ravi rubbed her palms together and looked at him. "What do you expect me to do? What do you think after knowing this thing our future will be? How do you portray our future after knowing this?" her voice was calm yet cold.

Shiva looked at her and flinched seeing the look in her eyes which were void of any emotions. He was not acquainted with this look. "Ravi I...I really look forward of you to accept kartik. Dekho you wanted to embrace motherhood right. See the opportunity has come. We can adopt him and lead a happy life right?"

His voice was fumbling and trembling with fear and laced with uncertainty. She removed his hands which were holding her and his heart dropped. No. No. No. this cannot happen. "Ravi listen to me." He cupped her face but she removed his hand.

"You want me to accept this child when I am pregnant and will be entering in such a blissful phase of my life." her words made shiva stunned. She was pregnant. Kartik who flinched at her vice hugged shiva tightly from his waist. He looked at the frightened child and sighed.

He looked at Ravi to see a hurt look in her eyes. Tears were streaming down her eyes. He took a deep breath and said.

"I don't know ravi what will be your decision but just look at this child. I didn't knew you to be such cold hearted. Panch saal ka chota sa baccha hai yeh. Ise toh yeh bhi nahi pata ki iske ma ka ma..." his voice choked. He still couldn't believe he was dead. "Ravi tumhe maine pyar kiya because tum sabse alag ho. You are different.

You are the most understanding person I have ever met. You have lived up to every expectation of everyone. Tumne jaise preeta se pyar kiya hai waisa hi pyar tumne karan ko kiya hai. This is what makes you special. You not only love me but also my whole family.

I know yeh bohut bada decision hai. It's shocking for you. But trust me if you take the decision in Kartik's favor I would be the most happiest. If you are thinking ki tumhe ya hamare ane wale bacche ko main pyar nahi dunga then you are wrong ravi. Who baccha hamare pyar ki nishani hogi aur kartik (he caressed Kartik's hair) hamare bich ki understanding ki. Decision is yours Ravi."

He finished talking and looked at Ravi who was in tears by now. She turned on her heels and rushed to her room. He sighed and held kartik taking him to another room.

so guys i already have the second season of this story. but other than that i am working on a story in which the luthras will be orthodox and shiva will too be some kind of that. So i don't want any one to bash it after i publish the story so i am saying it now only. read the story only if you trust me and my writings.

anyways bohut din baad i am enjoying watching pandya store and yes ravi is literally on fires.