Chapter 15~Crack in Relations

Preeta and karan were sitting in the office of court marriage

Preeta and karan were sitting in the office of court marriage. Preeta was continuously fidgeting with her fingers. Karan saw it and held them squeezing it. She looked at him and he assured her by blinking his eyes. She smiled a little.

"Hume ap dono ke koi bhi guardian ya fir koi apse bade logo ki sign chahiye." Karan preeta and kavin purvi looked at the lawyer shockingly. "But apne kaha tha ki do witness are enough." Karan said controlling his anger.

"Ha main kaha tha but you both are too young and court marriage ke liye mujhe sign chahiye." The lawyer said going through some files. Preeta looked at karan who was too angry. She held his hand and squeezed it calming him down.

"Hum sign kar denge." Voices came and four of them looked around shockingly.

Ravi shiva along with sameer and Shrishti were standing there. Preeta looked at karan fearfully. Ravi and shiva came inside. The lawyer came them the register.

"Mujhe bhi bata na zaruri nahi samjha na tune preeta. Itni badi ho gayi hai tu ki akle akle decision le bhi liya shadi karne ka." Ravi said calmly yet angrily. She signed and kept the pen banging the table. Preeta flinched and held karan.

Shiva glared at Ravi and took the pen. "Sirf preeta ki galti thori hai karan ki meherbani hai na isme agar isne preeta caution kar diya hota toh aisa kuch nahi hota." He said growling. Karan closed his eyes in ear.

"Tum preeta ko defend kyun kar rahe ho shiva. Galti uski hai." Ravi snapped at shiva angrily.

"Toh kya preeta aisi hi maa ban rahi hai. Galti karan ki bhi hai don't you dare ever defend him." he said pointing his fingers at him.

Ravi looked at him with anger and went out of the room huffing. Shiva looked at karan more like glaring and left.

Preeta and karan looked at each other and sighed heavily. "Ab aise muh mat banao shadi karo jaldi." Purvi said in a stern voice. They looked at her and then at kavin who blinked his eyes in assurance.

Kavin held purvi's hand and she looked at him. "Stern banne ki koshis nahi kar pa rahi ho na." purvi looked at him tearfully and nodded in no. Kavin wrapped his arms around her side hugging her.

Karan and preeta signed the marriage register. They garlanded each other and purvi forwarded the vermillion box. Preeta looked at it and her breath hitched. Her life was changed. She will be now recognized as someone's wife. Did she wanted this?

She looked at karan who had a subtle smile on his face. The smile that gave her peace. Perhaps this was her destiny and perhaps staying with him is worth of all thing. Karan took a pinch of vermillion and filled her hairline. Tear fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

Karan wiped her tears and nodded in no. she hugged him tight and he hugged her back rubbing her back.

O...