Chapter 1~Meeting

Ravi was pacing in the kitchen restlessly

Ravi was pacing in the kitchen restlessly. She in her 25 years of life never have been so restless. She was continuously fidgeting with the end of her sari. Her lips quivered as she prayed to god. It would be wrong to say that she was not desperate to be married.

She has always dreamt of leading a happy life with her husband. Marry him, love him, have kids, grow old and die. She has many expectations and that's what prevented her from indulging in any relation before marriage unlike preeta who was carefree and was involved in numerous relations.

"Di"

Preeta walked over to her and switched off the stove. Ravi looked at the tea which was about to fall and bit her tongue.

"Sorry I wasn't attentive."

"Di relax everything will be fine." Preeta poured out the tea and handed her the tray.

Ravi proceeded to go and then looked back. Preeta smiled and mouthed her a best of luck. She was in dire need of it. As she made her way to the hall she noticed six people sitting there.

Two of them she recognized as Ritik and Shivanya Luthra, they were her brother's best friends and often meet up together. Another one was quiet similar but she couldn't decipher.

Her parents Raghuveer Arora and Sarla Arora were talking with an aged couple of their age. They might be Mahesh Luthra and Rakhi Luthra. Mahir noticed her and gave a wide smile. Here I am panicking and he is giving me a full-fledged smile like an idiot.

"See Ravi has come." Bela beamed as she noticed her.

Ravi served them the tea but didn't dared to look at her prospective husband properly. She was shy. Preeta soon came out in a jumpsuit.

Preeta's look:

She held Ravi's hand and made her sit on the sofa as she knew Ravi won't if not asked

"Mahesh this my elder daughter Ravi, and Ravi this Mahesh and his wife Rakhi." Her father introduced flashing a smile.

Ravi looked at them and greeted them. Mahesh and rakhi smiled seeing her nature. Rakhi then took the initiative to introduce her to the family.

"This my elder son Ritik and his wife Shivanya, that is my youngest son karan."