Chapter 17: I'm in love now.

Start from the beginning

I must say the musicians playing were good. I loved their cover of Paradise by Coldplay, and their acoustic version of Jessie J’s Domino. As far as I could tell, there was a lead singer, a back-up singer, a pianist and an acoustic drummer, and a couple of guitarists. I don’t know how many people they had in their band. Alley Girl just had one other member.

Not her again. Why does she always have to cloud my every thought?

I figured, I should try to not think about her tonight and finally go check out the band and get lost in their music.

“Well guys, you’ve been a great crowd, but this song will be our last for tonight.” I heard a girl say from the stage. Then I heard disappointment from the crowd. In a way, I was also disappointed. I remained seated in the bar and just watched the backs of Ed, Sonja and Niall.

They looked like a family admiring their new born baby in the nursery.

Then I heard the familiar tune of Ed’s song. Kiss Me.

I froze.

Settle down with me

Cover me up, Cuddle me in

We almost kissed.

Lie down with me,

And hold me in your arms

I had her, I was holding her. Why did I let go?

My heart’s against your chest,

Lips pressed to your neck,

This girl’s voice is so enchanting…

I’m falling for your eyes,

But they don’t know me yet.

As if this exact song was dedicated to me…

And with this feeling, I’ll forget,

Could it be?

I’m in love now.”

I tried to stand up; something was drawing me towards the song, towards the voice of the girl. Could it really be her? But I was frozen. I couldn’t move. I was so lost into listening to the song, like the song was sung for me. There was new meaning to its lyrics, there was a face that I thought of when I heard that song. When the song ended, I felt a tear fall down my face.

“They are perfect!” I heard Ed exclaim just as soon as pop music started blasting downstairs.

I then regained feeling in my whole body and I stood up quickly and walked towards them. They were still watching downstairs. I looked at the direction of Niall’s eyes and saw the girl.

It was not her.

She was a pretty blonde, and people were crowding her talking to her and taking pictures with her.

Disappointment washed over my whole body.

“I’m going to the bar for a while.” I whispered to Niall.

He nodded, still looking at the blonde girl.

I wore my hoodie up and passed through the rotating staircase and made my way to the bar.

It was not her.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Oi! Will Zayn and Caroline actually see each other or will this just be how the story goes forever?!

So near, yet so faaaaaar away. *crying* *for real* WHYYY?? WHY DO I DO THIS TO YOU?!

WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF TOO?! Guys I swear, you’re not the only ones broken by this. I’m such a masochist. Hahahahaha!

@xxnevergiveup I give you one of my saddest chapters because you make me cry with yours. LOST is honestly one of the most amazing books I’ve read in Wattpad. You guys should go read it!

BTW guys! I'm thinking of writing a Niall short story. Should I post it? Will you read it? ;)

xx G