I heard groaning, so I moved closer to Ollie. I hovered over him when he opened his eyes. Ollie gave me a weak smile and tried to sit up, only to groan and flop back down. I chuckled and tilted his head up while pouring water into his mouth. Ollie coughed a bit as I lowered him back down.

"Mind telling me why it looks like a rabid raccoon attacked you?" I sipped from the bottle.

"I was peacefully sleeping, only to be awakened by a masked assailant trying to choke me to death. The person wore a mask that covered the lower half of her face and yes! It's a girl because the physique was feminine. Couldn't really see her features since it was at night and I was struggling to breathe. I managed to break her hold and kick her off the bed. As I sat up, she began slashing at me with her knife. I managed to grab one of my knives and nick her upper arm, but that was minor damage compared to me. My damages were so bad and there was no way I'd be able to beat her, so I screamed. Her eyes widened and she jumped out my 7 story window! I looked down, but she was gone." Ollie groaned and winced.

"Where on her upper arm?"

"Right there." Ollie pointed. "I remember because I had a source of pride from it." He proudly smiled.

"Clearly, our cover is blown and it's not safe for you to go back there-"

"I can find a new location. But the only good news was that your cover hasn't been blown." Ollie managed to sit up. "I just have a question." I hummed at him. "Clearly, she had been in my room for a while, so why not use a knife to slit my throat or just stab me in the heart? Why suffocate with the risk of me waking and fighting back?"

"Because it's not as intimate as killing with your hands. She wanted to see the life drain from your eyes. And the fear mixed with pain as you realized your helpless situation." I responded.

"Damn, it's like you have an insight into her head." He chuckled, but I said nothing. "She's allegedly supposed to do a hit tonight. That's what our sources are saying."

"The target?" Ollie shrugged.

"A businessman who's quite filthy with his schemes." Ollie rolled his eyes. "David Moyer."

"Hmm... okay, I'll look into it tonight."

"Is it alright if I stay here until morning?"

"Go ahead. I was having trouble sleeping anyway." I smiled while he closed his eyes.

I placed the pendant between my fingers and stared out the window. When I saw the sunrise, I got ready for the day and left. I had managed to switch my schedule to work in the mornings since it seemed better for my undercover role. The only downside was that Cassie wasn't here. Instead, I met a Heather. Heather was overly friendly and it was apparent she had a tiny crush on me. I decided to use her feelings to an advantage and be extra nice to her. I did need something to get my mind off Kaia.

"What do you have later, Heather?" I asked as we ended our shift.

"I just have a class across campus." She shrugged.

"Cool. I have to go to the CS building, so wanna walk together?"

"Duh." She smiled.

The two of us chatted while walking towards the building. I skipped the lecture and decided that I'd continue skipping the lectures since I knew everything they were teaching. I learned this shit when I was 9, so it's just a waste of my time. Heather playfully touched my arm when I made a joke. I recognized it as a flirtatious gesture, so I indulged in it. We eventually reached my building, so I stopped and faced Heather.

"Unfortunately, I must depart from our lovely conversation." I dramatically sighed.

"Let's get dinner and continue our lovely conversation." She twirled her hair and bit her lip.