Hardship are stepping stone

As soon as she had finished, two of them woke up and went out of the parking lot. Sam kept on shouting, sir please atleast listen, we will talk, we together can sort out things. But people didn't listen to her.

She said no problem, they would join our group tomorrow. Please introduce yourself. A boy nearly about 20 spoke up. Sam said before you start, I would like to suggest, just say what you feel, and every things we were here to listen, Sam on her phone, sat near the bone fire and start recording.

He said, My name is Hameed. I had just passed 12 grade and was a first year student of arts. This year due to pandemic, exams were held late and after a long wait for admission, it had been two weeks that our college had been started.

My father was a farmer, owe a small piece of land. Initially there were 2 hands and 7 mouths to feed. I have three younger sister and a brother, granny lives along with us. Till now I have eaten rice with pickle as lunch. And bread as dinner everyday. I was happy then atleast we have food to eat.

Sunday was a feast day because my father arrange to buy meat, we only get one piece but it feels like rich and festive.

I was older among them a bit more responsible, I started working at the age of ten. I helped my father in fields, work to deliver things, draw water, take care of my sibblings.

At late night, I have picked some books from old books store. They had threw it outside as scrap. I took the opportunity to picked all of them. I try to study at night under the lanteen light every day.

One day headmaster visited my house. He saw the pile of old and worn out books. He was very curious to know that  these books belongs to whom.

Headmaster called me because my parents took my name. He asked me these were yours and where did you get them. I replied from old books stores, I had not stolen them, they have kept them outside as a scrap. He further asked, what you study. I replied that they have lots of pictures, tables, cartoons, beautiful and tasty food, pkaces I really wanted to eat them. Did they exist.

There was a drive going, under which government teachers went to villages to encourage parents to sent their children to school.

Listening to my talks he laughed and said from tomorrow come to school, your got admission in school. And study hard.

With my teachers unselfishness, and hard effort I passed 12 grade. They were my actual God parents. This year my two younger sisters were to be get married. I thought a lot but all in vain. My father keep on shouting snd cursing us. Some times beat us also. At that time my siblings looked at me with lot of hopes.

But I couldn't have courage to tell them that every things was finished, nothing could happen now, this was all our future. So I didn't show up. I heard their voices from far. I believe that if I continued this for some more days, they would understand that either I ran away or died. It was best, he out his head on the knees and cried out of disguise.

Sam couldn't hold on, she weap her tears. Those who were there also become sad. Sam said, Hameed you were really brave, have some courage and patience, things would become better.

Sam said let me tell you we would soon get a solution of Hameed's problem. Let's eat some thing, I was really hungry, rest of the people also introduced themselves.

Some one was standing at the door and listening the same. Sam  let's met up tomorrow. Take care.