Episode 23 "Judas on a Pole" Part 2

Start from the beginning

I keep on staring at the Father as I could feel a sort of close connection towards him. But it is probably because he was my dads best friend. He hands Booth the phone as he says, "So, um, Max Keenan, he, uh, come to you for absolution?" "Well, I'm sure you know the requirements for confession." Contrition and intent not to repeat the sin." "And Max doesn't have either. And as a priest, I've failed him. I was never able to get him to walk the straight and narrow." I then ask, "Is there anything else you can tell us?" "Well, he was angry, he felt his hand had been forced." I felt that there was something off about the father as Temp asks, "Where can we reach you, Father?" Russ then says, "Father Coulter is staying at St. Augustine's Seminary for the next few days before heading back to Ohio." Booth hands his phone back, "Father."  Father Coulter then says, "Your father loves you all." Temp asks, "Is that part of Dad's message?" "That's a personal observation." We nod and think about what he said.

We are in Booths office now as he says, "Delaney's murder, the threats on Russ's life. This is all happening now because of the little metal dolphin we found on your mother's grave. FBI Field Unit in Denver traced it to a local artist in Mead, Colorado." I then ask, "Who identified our father as the buyer." Temp adds, "But Delany left the FBI 15 years ago." I nod, "Then somebody told him about dad." "And didn't tell Booth?" Booth then says, "They're part of the conspiracy." "You must be annoyed." "Yeah, you know what, I am. And I don't like finding out there's a dirty FBI agent in this building." Booth closes the door and turns to us, "Here's what I think happened. Delaney goes to your father. He asks him to hand over the evidence. If he doesn't do it, he kills you, Blueberry or Russ." I then say, "Dad calls Russ to warn him. And then kills Delaney. By gutting him and burning him." Booth adds, "Leaves a calling card: Don't mess with Max Keenan's kids." Temp then asks, "Am I supposed to like that?" I look at Booth with the same question as he says, "You know, Bones, Blueberry, I'll take a stand-up crook over a crooked cop any day of the week."

A lady then comes in the office calling for Booth, "Booth. I got us a meet with the judge, let's go. And you too, better get back to your lab in case we're successful." She leaves as Booth says, "You know, I just find it best to do what she says." We nod as I ask, "Yeah, sure? Who was that?" Booth looks at me, "Oh that is Caroline, and she is an attorney prosecutor. She was both of your attorney when you were in that almost coma state at New Orleans." "Oh, okay... I like her already." Booth smiles as Temp and I wave him goodbye and leave back to the lab.

Booth and Caroline got permission to exhume the body I asked Cam if she could perform the autopsy. She accepts and states, "As mandated by the Writ of Exhumation by Judge Theodore Kemper of the D.C. Federal Judicial District, I, Dr. Camille Saroyan, will be performing an autopsy of Special Agent Augustus Donald Harper under the auspices of the Jeffersonian Institution. The date of death: June 25, 1978. Date of interment: July 2, 1978. Date of exhumation: that would be today. Also present at the post-exhumation autopsy is Dr. Temperance Brennan and Director Dr. Venus Brennan of the Jeffersonian. The original autopsy in 1978 found that Agent Harper was killed when he was shot three times at close range by a .38 Colt Detective Special Revolver. Two shots to the chest, one piercing the heart, the other the left lung. The third, a shot to the frontal bone."

We see that there was something wrong with Cam's expression as Temp asks, "What?" "The bullet hole in the head? That's from a .38." "Just like the coroner said." "I can already tell these two holes are from something a whole lot bigger than a snub-nosed revolver. Something more like a rifle that a sniper would use." I sigh, "Zack, could you get a full set of X-rays before Cam reopens." He nods as I continue, "We have to conduct this one like the whole world is watching." They nod as they proceeded. I get a call from Booth that I should meet him at the Royal Dinner as it regarded about Russ. I told the two that I had to go and they understood.