Episode 22 "The Headless Witch in the Woods" Part 1

Start from the beginning

Zack and I are now shoulder to shoulder from being a bit afraid as Cam says, "I'll redo the tox screen." Temp then says, "I may be alone in this, but I think one of us should remain a rational human being during this investigation." I sigh in relief, "That's great. Thanks for volunteering to be the rational one, but Zack and I will just stay sticked together." Zack nods as Temp shakes her head and looks back at the victim. "Got it. Comminuted fracture to the ulna, professionally set." I add, "From the degree of callous formation, that's a childhood injury. In which could give us the ID we want." Temp then says, "I'll call Booth." I nod as I say, "Okay, I am just going to stick here with Zack... We will place some garlic around the remains and chant the Hmong ritual for preservation of souls." Temp laughs leaving as Zack looks at me, "Really?" I look up at him, "No... That was a joke."

Booth had texted me earlier that Temp may be attracted to the victim's brother because he has also been almost in the same situation as us when we were younger. I texted him thumbs up as Zack starts explaining the X-rays to Cam. "The chatter marks mean the vertebrae weren't split in one blow." Cam nods, "Makes sense. Hacking off someone's head is more like cutting down a small tree than splitting a log." "I found your imagery both colorful and accurate." "Thank you. Let me know when you've narrowed down the weapon category... And are you both really going to stick together for the case." I look at her, "I may have to do something, so we might have to split for an hour or two, but yes, yes we are going to stick together." Zack nods as he asks, "Dr. Saroyan? When you say your mother visited you..." "She appeared. In my room. It was early evening?" "And you were frightened?" "No, I felt... loved." I looked at her, "That's nice... that's still sounds creepy to me..." Zack then says, "Dr. Brennan says that's impossible." "What do you think?" "I think it would be wonderful if it were possible." 

I smiled and patted his head as Hodgin comes in, "I found rust flakes on the neck that were from hand-forged iron." I ask, "18th century." "You got it." I nod as I watch Zack tests the first weapon. It scared Cam and Hodgins as she says, "My God! A little warning, Zack." "I don't usually announce each phase of my experiments." "Yeah, maybe you should start." Hodgins then says, "Nice follow-through, dude." I nod as I look at the cut, "It doesn't look like it was a machete. Here let me try this one." Zack hands me the other weapons as I slam it down on the clay. "What about that one?" We then hear Hodgin say, "Dibs on the next weapon." I pull Zack away from Hodgins as Cam says, "Looks like you three have this under control. Hodgins grunts and hits the clay block as we continue taking turns and checking... while having a bit of fun.

I had to leave Zack for a bit as Booth and Temp came back and I needed to catch up on what they found. We were walking as Booth says, "She freaked, Blueberry. It was like she was out there in the woods with that witch." Temp then says, "Okay, don't let anyone else hear you talking like that, Booth." "I'm just saying I've seen a lot of weird things. It' was like, you know, Exorcist weird or Elm Street weird." I scan my badge by the steps as Temp asks, "What are you talking about now?" "They're movies, okay, Bones? Movies so scary that you end up peeing your pants." "Good to know."

We see Zack as I head over next to him as I say, "Zack had noticed some damage to the subdeltoid bursa." Zack nods, "Looks like the subscapularis was torn away." "They're fracture lines. This was a postmortem trauma." Booth asks, "Meaning what?" Temp says, "The victim's shoulder was dislocated just after his death." Zack adds, "The injury doesn't fit into our established scenario of the struggle." I look over the victim again, "These marks near the vertebrocostal junction, there's massive hinge fracturing." 

I look at Zack, "Zack could you lie down on the ground." "Face up or down?" "Face up." I could hear Booth say, "This should be good." I then say, "Give me your right arm. Okay." I start dragging Zack, "If Graham was dragged to the pit by this arm in this direction, the trauma to the back of his ribs would result in hinging." I stop dragging him as he says, "And the exposed wound where the head was severed would have been collecting particulates along the way." Temp then says, "Tell Hodgins we might have enough for him to determine where the victim was beheaded." I help Zack up as Booth says, "I'm waiting to hear from the psych ward to see if we can talk to Lori again."