Episode 22 "The Headless Witch in the Woods" Part 1

Start from the beginning

I then say, "I think it's an interesting topic to discuss about. Plus, I can't handle supernatural stuff or movies. They scare me to much." Cam then says, "That scares you? You were in the military for five years in one of the most top hardcore groups and your scared of supernatural things and movies?" "...Yes. Even I can be scared of things, I may not show it sometimes but I do get scared." Zack then adds, "Yes, she also dislikes bugs and snakes." I shiver, "They look so creepy... What about you Cam?" "My mother came to me the day after she died." We looked at her as she says, "I wasn't some kid, I was 23. She came to me... She came to me... and told me to look in her dresser, third drawer, behind her pink blouse. There was something there for me." She shows us her neckless.

Hodgins then comes over to us, "The European hornet queen I found on the remains puts time of death at November of last year."  I then say, "We have more splinters of the wood from a Betula uber, a sub-species of round leaf birch tree that's been extinct since 1800." Hodgin nods adding, "The legend says that Maggie Cinders kills her victims with the same old axe used to decapitate her in 1783. Anyone else feeling tingly, or is it just me?" Booth then comes over to us, "I checked missing persons. A film student from UVA went missing in the woods last year. He was making a documentary on the Maggie Cinders legend. Graham Hastings, 21,  five-ten, 176 pounds." Cam then says, "That explains the video camera." Angie then calls us out, "I, um- I got something from the videotape."

We all headed to her workspace as she explains, "I cleaned a section of the tape with an isopropyl alcohol solution and fed whatever digital information I could salvage into a restoration program. I didn't get much." We then hear a woman scream as Angie says, "Maybe I got too much." We watch and listen to the video, "Brian! Where's Brian?! Where... Brian!" A man then calls out to the girl, "Lori... Where are you going? Lori, stop! Stop, Lori! Brian! Brian..." I am really a sucker for scary supernatural things as my face doesn't show any fear... but my body reacts differently. I was originally next to Zack a bit in front as I am now behind him hugging him a bit peaking over his shoulder. He just stays still watching as we hear Lori scream and shouting from a distance, "It's Blood!" 

We then see a Graham's face pop up, "Oh, God! The noises are getting closer. I've lost Lori... and Brian disappeared." We watch as he whimpers in fear as he says, "It's her. I can hear her. She's here! She's here! Oh, God... she's here!" I squeeze Zack a bit tighter as he holds both of my hands also a bit afraid as Graham keeps on freaking out, "Lori, where the hell are you?! Lori!... Oh, my God... Help! Help me, oh, God! Oh, God, somebody help me!" I jump seeing blood being splattered all over his face, "Somebody help me, please!" He screams as it ends. I was left pale as I look up to Zack, "Could we stay together for a while?" "I... I... think that would be a good idea."

We are up on the platform as Zack and I are sticking together as Zack says, "I just keep hearing the screams. I never heard screams like that, Dr. Brennan, Venus." Temp then says, "Neither have I." I then say, "I sadly have, but much worse. But that is not what frightens me the most. It is the idea that there is something that could touch you that you can't and there is nothing to do about it... There are no guidelines for that..." Temp then says, "Narrow focus trauma on the left humerus, posterior side." Zack then says, "Indicates an attempt by the victim to shield his head." 

Hodgins then jumps in, "From the axe attack." We look at him, "What? It's always an axe, isn't it? Remember 'The Shining'?" Zack answers first, "My palms perspired profusely during that film." I then add, "I never seen that." Temp then says, "Until we complete a series of blade comparison tests, there's no way to know what type of weapon was used." Cam then comes up and hands something to Hodgins, "Forensic team found this near the pit." "Looks organic. Definitely decomposing." "Victim's preliminary tox screen came back negative. No drugs." Hodgin then says, "That's too bad." "Why?" "Because drugs would explain the writings I found inside Graham's backpack. I'm cleaning them and taking mud samples, but I think Booth should show them to a profiler. They're handwritten, scrawled; so far all I can make out is: 'Maggie came to me again... calling me.' And last but not least: 'They will scream for air, but their lungs will fill with blood."