Episode 20 "The Girl with the Curl" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Temp then says, "Well, maybe we should determine how Brianna Swanson got ahold of one." Booth then says, "Brianna Swanson?" Cam then adds, "Hodgins found the wrapper with her remains." Booth dials a number and says, "Yeah, it's Booth. Listen, I need a search... for any Red Shed convenience store... within a one-mile radius of the Hyperion Hotel off 171. Thanks." He hangs up as we just watch him, "Look, I wouldn't have laughed so hard if I knew it was Brianna Swanson." I then say, "It's okay Ranger, you didn't know. Plus it's okay to have a nice laugh once in a while."

Temp, Booth and I walk out of the Red Shed as Temp and I walk out with ice creams and Booth is putting his wallet away as Temp says, "Well, they carry Milk Blast Bars. That's a start." I hand Booth his ice cream as I say, "These are good." "Are you kidding me? These are God's food right here. So the F.B.I. forensic units are sweeping the culverts near the hotel. So I figured, you know, while we were waiting, we'd just go have a look around." Temp and I nod as we eat our ice creams.

We are now walking around with a flashlight for about ten minutes as Booth says, "Right there. There it is." Temp then adds, "Well hidden." I nod as I walk over and check, "Well, it is big enough to stuff a child's body into. There is something here?" I put on my glove as I put my hand in the dirty water and grab something and take it out. I took out a medal, "It's a pageant medal." Booth then says, "Looks like we got our crime scene, huh?" I nod as I say, "We will need to take this." Temp nods agreeing with me.

We are back at the lab as Zack and I look at the pipe. I then say, "Crushing and scraping injuries to the scapula... are congruent with Brianna Swanson being forced... into a culvert this size in a prone position." Zack adds, "The kicks to the back were the attacker's attempt... to force the body farther into the culvert where it couldn't be seen." We then hear Cam, "Little Miss Raspberry Blossom, Culpepper, Virginia." Hodgin then says, "There were remnants of blood on the medal before I cleaned it. I'm waiting to see if it belongs to Brianna Swanson." Cam adds, "It's dated 1976."

Angie then comes up the platform, "I got something. Okay. I don't know if this helps you. "Lisa Fisher, 1976 Raspberry Queen. Holly Walters, Raspberry Princess. Kristen Madigan, Little Miss Raspberry Blossom." I then say, "Temp look at Kristen Madigan. The mother who we spoke with at the dance school was named Kristen." Temp nods, "Kristen Mitchell." Cam then says, "Oh, my God. It's like that Texas cheerleading thing... where the mother took out her daughter's main competitor." I sigh, "I'll let Ranger know."

Zack, Temp and I are in the bone room as he says, "One, two, three, four. And she was kicked twice in the same place here, twice as deep. So five, six." I then notice something, "There's an asymmetry both of force and distance to these kicks." Zack adds, "The fracture pattern suggests a slight rotation to the blows." Temp asks, "How slight?" "About 30 degrees." "Left side only?" "Yes." Temp and I figured it out as she calls Booth, "Hey, it's me. Are you with Kristen Mitchell?... Okay, I need to know if her hips are even... Stand behind her, place your hands on her hips. Then move your hands up to her rib cage, gauging if it's an equal distance on each side." I then say, "Temp he can't do that, put it on speaker." She puts Booth on speaker, "Hey Ranger, you're videotaping the interview, right?" "Of course. We have to." "Then could you beam us some footage of her walking." "Okay. All right. Coming at you, Blueberry."

We waited for a few minutes as I got a ping on the computer, I pop it open as Zack has the remote and Temp tells him, "Okay, try and get a shot of her buttocks and freeze it." "Okay. I'm applying a biometric graph... right here." We look at it as it didn't match what we were looking for. Temp then says to Booth, "No. You might as well let her go, Booth." "Why?" Zack then says, "She has very nice symmetrical buttocks." I chuckle a bit as Booth says, "Well, yeah. I know that. But, um, what's that got to do with anything?" I speak, "Brianna Swanson's attacker has a thoracolumbar curve. Scoliosis." "Sure. Meaning what?" "Which means Kristen Mithcell is definitely not the killer." "Thanks."