Episode 18 "The Blonde in the Game" Part 2

Start from the beginning

We have arrived at the location as we get down Booth says, "Okay, Bones, Blueberry, I'm going in, you're gonna wait outside." "Booth... No, I don't want to hear it, all right?" Temp tries again, "It's..." "When backup arrives, tell them there's a federal agent inside." "But the..." "Which one is it?" "Uh... Ranger, its behind you." Temp and I point at a vacant lot as he says, "Great, a vacant lot." Temp then says, "I tried to tell you." "She did Ranger."

We went back to the prison to talk to Epps again. The first thing he says was, "Did you hear? I'm gonna be a father. The judge granted our petition for artificial insemination." He then looks at me, "When I make my donation to the baby bank, I'm gonna be thinking about you." I tried not to show it, but I had a slight blush because of how embarrassing that sounded. Temp moved a bit closer to me as Booth says, "Who is Reiner Hatin?" "Ah, Reiner." He starts speaking German, "Alter Freund nit ahnlichem Geschmack." "The letters were addressed to a vacant lot." "I must have written the address down wrong. I'm slight dyslexic, you know." "Hey, come here. You know, I really enjoy playing your game." Booth drags his chains from underneath making Epps hit the table, "But now, you know what? There is a girl out there hanging upside down with duct tape over her mouth." 

I then say, "Ranger, let him go... Let him go Ranger." Booth lets Epps go as he stands up to calm down a bit." Temp and I are sitting there as she tells Epps, "For all your faults, Mr. Epps, you were never interested in letting your victims suffer." I added, "Yes, you didn't torture them. You're not that kind of man." Temp continues, "She's an innocent child." "She is a young woman. And there's no such thing as an innocent woman. Look within yourself." He then looks back at me, "You know I'm right. You know, I'm just guessing here, you understand, but I think you'll find that Helen Majors has less than 24 hours to live." 

The sound of the door rings letting us know that it was time to go as he says, "Better get going." Temp gets up first and starts walking away. I then get up and smile at him. He looked at me as if were trying to figure something out again just like last time as I say, "Bye Howie." I turn around and as I was about to walk, I pick the chains up with my foot and pulled it making him hit the table again hard. I then finally walked away, while saying, "Sorry Howie. It seems my foot got tangled with your chain." Epps starts laughing as we all leave.

We are back in the lab and Temp and I are in Angie's workspace as she says, "What are you asking me for?" Temp then says, "You said you've dealt with manipulative men before." "Sweetie, this is a psycho killer, not some loser who wants you to cosign a loan for his Jet Ski." "Epps is pushing us around Ange. Especially Ven. He's in control; I hate that." "You know... Epps is acting kind of like a boyfriend." Temp and I chuckle a bit as I say, "I don't think I'm following Angie." "Well, you obviously fascinate him Ven. He can't have you and he can't kill you, so he wants to make you hate yourself." I chuckle, "I see now." Temp then says, "God, Ange, what kind of boyfriends have you had?" "Let's keep the focus on Ven and Epps, okay?" "Okay." "Epps knows that you'll never forgive yourself if you both don't find Helen Majors before she's murdered."

I sigh and nod, "Yes your right about that. Not only is Helen being tortured, but... her family must be in agony." "You see?" "This is what he's doing. He's putting pictures in your mind. He's messing with your objectivity." "So, what's the solution to keep my supposed 'boyfriend' out of my mind?" "You have to step back. Okay? Let the rest of us deal with the families. That also includes you Brennan. You both just find Helen. That'll keep Epps from getting a Jet Ski out of you." We all smile at each other and enjoy the moment.

I am now up the platform with Temp working on the computer as Booth comes over to us, "Bones, Blueberry, Caroline Epps- not an accomplice. She was at work when Helen Majors was kidnapped." I then repeat what Epps told us earlier, "Alter Freund mit ahnlichem Geschmack." "Yeah, whatever." "Ranger, that means 'old friend with similar tastes" in German." "I don't know, Epps telling us the name of his accomplice? That's too easy." Temp then says, "Well, if it's too easy then why can't we find him?" "You know what? He talked about impregnating Caroline." Temp scoffs as I chuckle at her, "Ugh! What is with Caroline Epps? I mean, why have a child with a monster like him? What's she gonna tell the child when it grows up? 'Hi, your daddy's a monster." "W-Wait, look, time out. You got to detach from this, all right?" I nod, "We let Epps get under our skin--" Booth finishes it, "It's exactly what he wants." Temp nods, "Zack was right. Epps is trying to break us. Not only did we save his life, but he is still killing."