45

Jasper and Seamus were both walking down the stairwell as they arrived at Hogwarts. The new Gryffindor boy seemed to be bothered by something and Seamus noticed it too.

"Are you alright there, Jasper? You seemed to be concerned about something." Seamus asked him and he looked at him quickly.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." He said and saw Celeste walking down towards the Great Hall. "Hey Seamus, could you save me a seat? I will just go somewhere."

"Where are you going? The feast is about to start." Seamus stopped him but Jasper removed his hand holding his robe.

"I'll be quick, promise," Jasper told him and he then walked away to his fellow classmate.

Celeste saw him walking towards her. She then flashed out her usual smile. "Hi, Jasper."

But seeing Jasper's face which is quite hard to read made her feel nervous a bit.

"I heard you and Daphne talking at the compartment a while ago." He told her.

Celeste remained calm as she eyed him back. "What plan are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb on me, Celeste. You know what I'm talking about." He scorned her.

"Why don't you join us, Jasper. You will be a great addition to this plan. Don't you have feelings for Hermione?" She asked him and raised her eyebrow. "Hm?"

"Hermione is my friend, and so is Draven. So, whatever it is you are planning, stop it." Jasper hissed at her. "And who cares if I had a little crush on her? She's still my friend and my childhood friend's girlfriend and I respect that. I have a girlfriend and I won't hurt her just because of these petty feelings I have. I am mature, and I know what is right. You are really going to stoop so low like that just to have him by yourself means that you're selfish."

"Fine. Your loss then." She said to him. "And I know that your feelings with Granger is not petty. Admit it, you and your girlfriend had this rocky relationship now, and it starts to crumble down, right? Don't deny it, I overheard you also talking about it with Seamus and Dean."

"You don't have to interfere with my life, Celeste. I am warning you, or else Draven and Hermione will know about it."

"Not until I tell Draven about your petty unrequited feelings towards his girlfriend." Celeste taunted which made Jasper shut his mouth. "So then, keep that to yourself, and just watch the show unfold."

Jasper sighed heavily as he looked at Celeste walking inside the hall. Yes, he and his girlfriend had this fight over the holiday break, and some things had gotten out of control though they are still trying to fix it. But the problem here now is, Celeste and her devious plan to break the couple. He doesn't want it to happen knowing how Draven loved Hermione so much, knowing that his childhood friend became happy with her. In the end, friendship is still much more important for Jasper Wright.