30

Draven couldn't sleep. Well, scratch that. He doesn't want to sleep. Whenever he closes his eyes, those vivid nightmares appear. He wanted to forget for a while, wanted to forget it.

He was walking at night; with the canvas, he's been working on. It'll be Hermione's birthday in a few days, and he needed to finish this surprise for her. He planned to give her a surprise party and he'll ask Professor McGonagall if he can use the old abandoned classroom to set up the surprise. Also, he wanted to cast a charm that makes falling stars. For sure, Hermione would love it. It would be the 18th birthday to remember.

He will also ask Harry how do Muggles celebrate a girl's 18th birthday since he just knows that they have a traditional way for it to celebrate.

Once he arrived at the Astronomy Tower, he started to finish the painting of his girlfriend. With the right mix of colors and correct brush strokes, his artistic side is exceptional.

It was a painting of Hermione, with the silhouette of the night sky on her body, with stars on it and she was looking up, smiling the brightest. She is deemed to be the brightest witch of her age, but for Draven, she is his brightest star, his light on his dark world.

It was a 2-hour work for Draven to finally finish the perfect artwork. As he was done painting the canvas, he admired it.

"Perfect..." He whispered then looked at the night sky. It's ironic how the night sky calms him, yet his life is full of darkness in it. He's a great actor, putting up on a very convincing façade so that people won't pry into his secrets, but the truth is... he's fighting demons inside of him. Draco was the only one who knew this but respecting his privacy, he never spoke to others about it.

The childhood trauma that Draven experienced tainted him until now. Loving Hermione Granger was the only reason why he is still fighting. Love will make you do things you never thought you could and he was thankful that Hermione came into the darkest time of his life. He was 11 when he first experienced Lucius' merciless ways. The first torture curse he suffered, the whips that scarred his back, and the hits of his cane that tormented him for life.

He also put up the image of being his rebellious son, always telling that he doesn't care if he hurt him, but the truth is... He's used to it. He's used to his rage and furiousness. He's used to the sound of the whips cracking his back, the hit of his cane on his body, and his voice whenever he casts the torture curse on him. The blood flowing from his body is not new to him anymore. He's not scared of him as a person, but he's scared of him because of what he did, and the things he will be doing.

But the thing is, Draven has someone worth fighting for. He has someone worth loving for. And the scars, bruises, and even curses are worth it for Hermione Granger. He would never sacrifice his only happiness, and the love of his life, just because he is scared of Lucius' ferocity. He will fight his inner demons on his own, and prove to Hermione that she is worth fighting for...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harry!" Draven quickly called Harry as soon as he saw him walking with Ginny towards the pitch. They were having their first Quidditch practice this year, and tomorrow, it'll be Slytherin's.

"Hey, Draven." Harry greeted him back.

"Hi, Draven." Ginny also said back to him. "If you're looking for your lovely girlfriend, she's at the library as usual. And oh, she'll be waiting for you there. On your typical spot."