17

Hermione already knew from the moment she opened the sketchpad that Draven gave her but she wasn't so sure at that time. She looked at the Slytherin boy who was glancing at her like she was a precious diamond.

"I'm not good at these things... You know that?" Draven chuckled nervously to ease the tension. "B-But way back before when we were kids... When I was teasing you a lot, I didn't mean it like that."

Hermione didn't know what to say though her heart speaks the opposite. He is confessing right now in front of her. Tonight, in this balcony.

"I was... Trying to tease you, make fun of you. That's what you do right? When you have... Feelings for that person?" Draven felt his hands shaking a bit. He was undeniably nervous but he's already here.

"Yes, you heard it right. I like you... Like a lot, Granger. And I've hidden it for years." He then opened the sketchpad he gave her and pointed at a specific drawing. It's Hermione, who was sitting in the Great Hall in their 1st year, smiling at her friends.

"Do you remember asking me if I tried drawing someone? You're the only person I've drawn ever in my life." The bushy browned-haired girl couldn't speak. She just wanted to hug him, kiss him.

"You made my life worth living. You made me feel alive every day, Hermione." That was the first time she heard her name from Draven's lips. "You don't need to answer me right away, Hermione. It's fine. Just... Let me tell you what I am feeling. Then, you can forget that this happened if you don't feel the same way. I'll try to forget, don't worry."

But Hermione doesn't want to forget this night. She doesn't want to. Because she knows in her heart that... She feels the same way too...

Draven, seeing that the Gryffindor girl was still too stunned to speak after his sudden confession tonight, decided to offer to walk her back to their common room.

"It's already late. Come on, let me walk you back to your common room." Draven offered her. But Hermione seemed to not move, her eyes still fixated on the sketchpad she was holding...

"Have you ever done... something that you really want to and you just don't care what will happen next? Like impulsively doing something not caring what everyone will say?" Hermione asked Draven, her eyes looking at the boy's icy blue eyes.

'God his eyes are so ethereal.' She thought.

"Y-Yeah. Sometimes." Draven replied. "Like whenever I hold your hand in public. Though it's one of my ways to show you that I like you. You can count that one."

"Then you wouldn't mind if I do this..."

And with just that, Hermione grabbed Draven's nape and crashed her lips onto his.

Hermione Granger just kissed Draven Malfoy...

Draven's heart was thumping fast. He does know how to kiss, but heck, she's the one who kissed her first.