40

They both parted from that fiery kiss, that they had while Hermione's hand was still on his chest, tracing it.

"What is this?" She asked him.

Draven knew that this is the time wherein he would tell her everything.

"A scar. It is not just one, there are a lot of it." He mumbled.

"Can I see it?" The bushy browned-haired girl tried to ask her, and not to make him uncomfortable. "I-It's okay if you don't want."

"No. I-It's fine." He said as he raised his shirt, and it exposed a lot of scars. They were flat, but it surely pained him a lot. Some of them were already healed, but some looked like it was done months ago.

"W-Who did these things to you?" She whispered, trying to hold her tears while tracing the scars that he had on his body.

"M-My father." He stuttered. "I never wanted anyone to know, even you."

"Why? How long this has been happening?" She moved closer to him, looking at his back, there were a lot of whip marks, showing how he endured all the pain his father is inflicting on him.

"I was 13 when he first hit me." He told her. "But... ever since I was born, I felt that he never loved me. Not even a bit. He only said that he was proud of me because of how I achieved a lot in academics, in sports but it was all just an act. He never liked any of it and I knew that."

The Gryffindor girl was too stunned to speak. She's trying to hold her tears, seeing her boyfriend suffering for so long from the scars that she saw.

"I hated him for all of his beliefs and even his wicked ways. I once tried to disapprove of him, and he just..." He paused for a while. "He verbally attacked me. I was only 6 years old at that time, but that memory stuck on my mind."

"He called me names. Telling others that I was not his son. He would never accept me in the family. He regretted naming me after him and his father. He..."

That was the moment Draven felt vulnerable around Hermione. Tears started to fall from his eyes, and it was the first time his walls finally crumbled apart. He quickly wiped them and tried to continue.

"I-I was having suicidal thoughts before... I w-was young but I'm not happy anymore. My father always shut me out, isolating me from the family. It was completely depressing living, and I was only very young."

"I once thought about taking my own life."

The Slytherin boy buried his face in his hands. He felt a lump in his throat, after telling her about his dark past. The past wherein he thought of dying, he thought of ending his life... The past where his father made him feel like he was nothing. The past that stayed with him, that never left him even if he thought it did.

"Draven..." Hermione's voice soothed the white blonde-haired boy's worries and anxiety. He looked at her, and he was right. This girl was there, and she will stay.