Episode 17 "The Boy in the Shroud" Part 2

Start from the beginning

I speak, "That's a good idea, but we won't know until he identifies it." "I prefer he keep looking for the pipe. It could have Kevin Dylan's DNA on it." Temp then adds, "Which will prove only that Kevin Duncan struck Dylan, not that he killed him." I nod adding, "I agree with Temp here, it would also be important to have Hodgins on that rose." Cam looks at us, "It's my call. No." Temp scoffs and says, "I can't work like this." I sigh and look at Temp, "I will do the rose then, but it I will need to work a bit later than usual to finish all my other work." Temp nods as Cam says, "Are you saying that I should start looking for both of your replacement?" 

I smile as Angie then cuts in, "Dr. Saroyan, I don't want to be overly dramatic or anything, but if you lose Brennan or Venus, you lose us all." Cam looks between the three of us as she nods a bit, "Really?" "Really. And Booth, too." "In the interests of this investigation, I'm going to defer to you, Dr. Brennan." "Thank you." "Thank you." "Thank you." "But I will start the search for both of your replacements." Cam leaves as Angie and Temp sighs as I chuckle. They both looked at me as I said, "You girls don't need to worry about us being replaced, that won't be happening at all." Angie was a bit scared as she says, "She looked pretty serious to me Ven." I sigh but kept my smile as I looked at Angie, "Do you trust in me Angie?" "Yes." "Then trust me when I say that no one here is going to be fired or replaced without me knowing." "Okay..."

-No One POV-

Booth had gone to the lab as Cam called him. He walks in her office as he says, "Got your call." "It was urgent. Why didn't you answer?" "I was busy. What's so important?" Cam moves out of the way to show that Kevin Duncan was dead. "Kevin Duncan." "Single gunshot wound to the chest. Your just in time for the autopsy." Cam is doing the autopsy with Zack being there as she says, "Feeling queasy, Zack?" "I'm not used to bodies looking so much like actual human beings." Cam starts cutting off a bone as Zack speaks louder, "Since this man was just killed, and there's plenty of flesh, how is my presence beneficial?" 

Cam finish cutting and takes out the bone with the bullet and places it in the metal plate that Zack was holding. "The number six rib." "The bullet passed through his vital organs and lodged in the rear curvature... Get it out." Zack swiftly leaves as Booth speaks, "So, you're thinking the perv kills Romeo and Juliet kills the pervert?" "Street-smart kid like Kelly Morris would have no trouble getting her hands on a gun." "Mm-hmm." "Booth, if Dr. Brennan and Dr. Venus were to quit..." "What?" "If they were to leave the Jeffersonian..." "Well, the squints would flee this institution like the French army." "And you?" "Well, I do as I'm ordered." "No, you don't Seeley." "Ah. Okay, here we go. What's going on, Camille?" "What if I fired them? What would you do?" Booth looked at her, "First of all I'm with them, Cam. All the way. Don't doubt it for a second. Second you could never fire Venus or the rest. She would have you fired first before you even get the chance to fire Bones, or any other of the squints." "What?" 

Hodgins then comes in, "Meet the English Alba Rose. Climbing varietal. Non-existent in the United States. Some say it was the rose by any other name Shakespeare wrote about." Booth then says, "And we give a rat's ass because?" "It's what Dylan Krane was clutching in his cold dead hand." Cam then says, "So, what, he was killed by Hamlet?" "Wrong play. It's more likely he paid a visit to the Rose Wing of the United States Botanic Garden." "When it comes to bugs, slime, crud and compost, you're the man." Hodgin leaves as Booth says, "You know, Cam, maybe you just got off on the wrong foot with this case with the sisters because, uh, they were foster kids who were separated for about 12 years of their lives." Cam looked shocked, "Oh..." She then sighs, "Why didn't they tell me?" "They don't do that. Especially Venus, she has been through so much more then she lets out. Oh, by the way, I didn't just tell you that."

-Venus POV-

Booth, Hodgins and I are at the Garden. Hodgins and I are excited as he says, "United States Botanic Garden falls under the supervision of the Architect of the Capitol." "Amazing!" Booth then says, "I really don't care." I then add, "The Architect is also responsible for maintaining the grounds of the United States Capitol." We stop as Booth shows a guard a picture, "You seen either of these two kids?" Hodgins adds, "It's open every day of the year to the citizens of these United States." Booth then sighs, "Which way to the Romeo and Juliet roses?" I point, "It's over there, where Kelly Morris is standing." We all stop as Booth says, "You and Bones where right Blueberry." "Yup. It was our gut instincts... Please don't tell Temp I said that." "I won't. Okay, either one of you go distract her." Hodgins then asks, "Well, hey, why us?" "Well, because, apparently I look like a cop." Well, what do we look like?" "What are you, my straight man? Go. either one of you." Hodgins and I look at each other and do rock, paper, scissors. I got rock and Hodgins got scissors. I jump in celebration as Hodgins goes over to Kelly.