Chapter 25: The Disdain

"The King is hell-close to deteriorating. But, his strength can still be regained if we end the Queen's reign.
She has been giving him false medications. He was never sick. He was never queasy. He was never the "evil king".
I knew His Majesty growing up. He took care of our family at times we needed them.
So, I'll save him.
Even if it means I'll die.

I don't know if I'll come back out alive, but if I don't, please keep living on. What I will be doing and what I have been was always for you, your mother, Hoseok, the kingdom, and Beomgyu.

Farewell,
Y."

He couldn't believe who was standing in front of him. His stubble, the scary, stabbing eyes, and his buzzed hair—Leo. Despite the beautiful, fairy wings, the way he acts and the way he talks didn't suffice to his "beauty".

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Beomgyu yells in fear, tears gushing down his face. "Did she send you to get me?" He asks, not knowing what will happen to him. Leo's one of the palace guards that the Queen ordered around to hurt Beomgyu; and all the time he was being wounded, Leo leads the assignment.

A harsh sob wanted to escaped his throat, so he pressed his fingers to his mouth as if it would contain the tide of sensitivities that were weaving within him.

She must have sent him so finally seize him. If Yoongi isn't lying to him, then Leo would. Beomgyu's sure they must have missed him; being someone they could use their hands on without bearing the consequences of doing so. They likely miss the volume of his wails, the sound his pleadings, and the view of someone with power look so powerless.

The raging waves of fear came rushing back and the happiness he's contained for the past months had gone all down.

"How did you end up here?" The man asks, pulling the sword from his back and caressing the blade with his finger, aiming to frighten Beomgyu. His stance came off as tough, like how he's always been.

"Did she send you here?" Beomgyu solicited an answer. If he was here to take him home, why? Once he goes back, there's no turning back. The trap he's been set free from would imprison him again.

Cold gushed over his body and his fists slowly locked into a ball.

"You're our toy—"

"Don't fucking call me a name." The Prince's voice turned frigid. "If you're here to seize me, you'll have to kill me first." He'd rather die now than to have to see the look on his mother's face and how much hatred she has on him.

"If you wanna know, she didn't send me. I sent myself here." Leo says coolly, "A friend of mine said that you threatened him in a duel with you."

Beomgyu raised his brows, coincidences not making sense in his head just yet. "Noel? Why the fuck isn't he here?" Leo... That's also the name General Kang had mentioned, right?

Do they just have the same names, or...

Leo scoffs, spinning the handle of the sword around and pointing the edge of the blade at Beomgyu. "Noel, he's a sensitive lad. He can't fight that good, but I don't get why he would back out against you: a weakling who knows nothing but cry—"

"Am I?" The Prince says almost silently. "What if... I destroy you now?"

Like his question was an absurd declaration, the other laughed hysterically. "Really? You?!" The more he laughed, the more Beomgyu felt the burning embers ruining the littlest patience he had.

Seeing Leo standing in front of him reminded Beomgyu of all his suffering: the ravishment, the torture, the blood—All of them. He couldn't feel anything anymore, just the pain and the looks on their faces while they were doing it. How they carry no guilt, no shame, no humiliation.