Chapter 11: The Accident

"I suppose I shouldn't be here, now?"

Taehyun says and nods his head once. "I'll see you tomorrow then, Yeonjun. Soobin."

How the General happens to be just fine after all he went through was not surprising. He's always been picking himself up so quickly like nothing had occurred and he would seem just fine.

"Good afternoon, General Kang. Perhaps I could take a little of your time?" She peaks through the chamber of the General who had just finished taking a walk. "I must ask you something I've had in mind."

"What is it?"

"The sentries you sent have gone home. They were quick to obey." She says, entering the chamber. "What do we do next, Taehyun? I haven't heard your plans about this yet,"

"I've set a meeting this midnight. You can come with us, Mother." He replies, walking closer to the Queen, "Good afternoon," He smiles.

"Whatever update and memo you get any time from now, never hesitate to tell me, okay? I have to hear about everything that's going on with you and your-"

Abrupt knocks came on the door, startling them. "Who's there?" Taehyun asked and walks towards the door.

"Well, hello." The General's smile drops and crosses his arms. "What are you doing here?"

"Sir, I would like to apologize for my demeanor and the way I spoke to you. I will learn from my actions and do better to be an honorable Fairy Soldier, General Kang. Please forgive me..." Jungkook says and bows down for forgiveness. He himself doesn't even seem to know why, but he wanted to apologize for what he's done.

"I do not know what you expect me to do, but I will ask you something."

"Yes, sir?" Jungkook's knee twitched, threatening to make him fall.

"Is this because of what happened, Jungkook?" Taehyun utters and pats his shoe on the ground, wanting an answer.

"What... Happened, General Kang?" Jungkook bites his lip subtly as they were quivering. Couldn't he be worried over someone he cares for? Was it so wrong, Jungkook whispers?

"The Fairy will head back home as soon as he finishes his mission. Do not put the blame upon me. He chose to go there, not me." The General sternly utters and binds the badges on his right. Jungkook was acting up because of his best friend. His best friend who chose to leave the Mists.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't help but worry-"

"Then I feel the same, Jeon. But, we have duties. You have to learn how to leave your feelings out of our jobs. You're dismissed."

Beomgyu was once bright, optimistic, and ambitious, actually. He had his dreams and his needs. His smile had used to brighten up the room. But like that of a snap, they ceased to exist. His smile didn't contain the gleam he used to have, and no one, not a single soul, noticed it. Why did no one ask how he was doing? Why did no one care about what he felt all this time?

Why would they keep damaging him physically when they could have just killed him off?

Beomgyu wasn't able to live and make decisions for himself, and he strongly knew he had a big opportunity to thrive in whatever he does if he was given it. But he let go of that thought when he turned 16, four years into his misery, that there will never be hope, a flicker of light towards the end of darkness. There was never a sound of a click that turns on a flash and awaken the lost hope inside him.

Why was the world so cruel? He tried to beg, multiple times. To turn him to fire and burn him until he turns into a smoke. Why couldn't they do that? Why did they let him live through everything?