Chapter 12: The Warmth

"Yes, call me if anything comes up."

Taehyun turned the comms radio off and sighed, walking to the window in his room. It has been a week since he saw Beomgyu and if he was being honest, he's glad. Because Taehyun doesn't know what to do after what happened between them.

He and Beomgyu don't exactly get along well, but after what occurred, he's sure it's never gonna get better and that would surely be hard. Beomgyu lives inside their estate as the Queen wished, so it wasn't easy going out of his way.

The General needed to walk and talk around, give orders and commands in place of the Queen whenever she was busy. As much as Taehyun hated seeing Beomgyu, it was inevitable for them to keep bumping around each other.

One time, Taehyun was in the gardens, spending time with himself as the week with his sentries kept him too occupied to even deal with the crises flying around his mind because of Beomgyu. He thought if he was here or there, he wouldn't see the other. But he was always so wrong. They constantly go to the same place at the same time. Couldn't he go through a day without seeing him so he could have peace of mind?

"What's wrong with you, Hyun? You've been like that the whole week and your commands are always unclear. The sentries are just playing around with your choice of words," Yeonjun utters as he was on the other side of the window, outside Taehyun's chamber.

"Have you... Ever kissed someone, Jun?" Taehyun asks with multiple emotions plastered on his face that Yeonjun couldn't decipher.

"Is that really a question..? I'm offended," The Fairy Soldier retorts. "But, yeah, I have. Haven't you?"

Taehyun stayed silent from the embarrassment of the not-so-sudden remembrance. "I mean..."

"You mean you've dated quite so many but never kissed any one of them because you dislike the thought of it, right? Don't worry, I know." Yeonjun declares so accurately.

"That's not the point right now," The General mutters silently and crosses his arms across his chest, trying to solve the puzzle on his own.

"Then what is? Did you kiss someone, Kang?" Yeonjun suspiciously asked. The other wasn't hiding it quite well.

"W-what— How did you know?!" Taehyun whispers like a scream andwalks closer to the window.

"I didn't know you could be stupid like this," Yeonjun laughs to himself and points at Taehyun's lips. "You've been touching your lips with your fingers as you were spacing out this whole time, Hyun. You don't hide it well,"

Taehyun widens his eyes, "That's not what I was doing!"

"Really? Then why are you asking about a kiss? What happened, huh?" He teases. Taehyun couldn't have any more of this.

"It's nothing, Jun. Just plenty of curiosity due to my continuous flowing thoughts of knowledge unlike yours," Taehyun responds with a heavy frown on his face before he shut the window and the curtains to cut off Yeonjun from his vision. He didn't help at all.

He plopped himself flat down onto the bed and takes numerous loud sighs, closing his eyes from the throbbing pain in his head due to sleeplessness. Other than Beomgyu, his nightmares never stopped visiting him. Instead of going through the anguish again and again, he just chose not to sleep no matter how tired he is.

How much time has he wasted thinking about what happened a week ago? What if Beomgyu isn't doing the same? He's the only one suffering then?

Taehyun disliked that thought.

With the disapproval, he chose to stand up, and get ready for the day instead of locking himself in the room for too long.

"Hey, Hyun? Are you okay?"