Chapter 16: The Chaos

"What was that?"

A new day dawned and Taehyun and Yeonjun had just brought their asses back home. "It's nothing, Beomgyu. Yeonjun was just overreacting when he called you." But Beomgyu didn't seem to believe what he just said. The way he was fiddling with his fingers and his shoe tapping against the floor, Beomgyu just knew.

"I thought you were going there to look for your brother... Why... Why would you create a scene, General Kang?" Beomgyu asks as he massaged his head's temple, seeing Taehyun's hands covered with dried blood and his face earned bruises.

"That was nothing, Beomgyu. I just... I just wanted to have some fun, that's all." Taehyun shrugged. Hell, he's lying so bad right now.

"I don't know what will happen after what Taehyun just did, but Beomgyu, I think it's safer for you to stay here inside the estate to keep you safe in case anything bad goes down," Yeonjun informs him and the genuine look on his face made Beomgyu nod.

Only two things are possible that would happen: One, the Hearths would let it slip and nothing bad happens, or two, they take revenge and kill one of the Mists' fairies. They could only hope that the Hearths will do nothing. They could only hope no chaos ensues within the next days.

"Why would you do that, General?" Beomgyu stares directly at Taehyun's eyes, trying to get the truth out of him. It was just impossible that Taehyun would run off last night to have some fun. He's a general that thinks things through, right? Why would he do it without thinking of the consequences?

Taehyun stayed quiet, trying to think of the right answer... and immediately realized how stupid and childish it would probably sound like. "I just... I wanted them to feel what you felt, Beomgyu."

The general lowered his head, trying to hide the embarrassment he was now feeling. When he left the Mists last night, he knew he was acting on impulse. He didn't think 'What's going to happen once I get there?' 'What will happen once I do it?' 'Will it anger the Queen of the Hearths?' 'Will that ignite her anger and commence another war?'

But it's all too late for that now.

Taehyun wanted to help, but his help wasn't probably something Beomgyu would prefer. Taehyun was angered and his mind went through his head for a second that all he thought of was to avenge him.

The Prince's eyes widened from the response he didn't expect he'd get. His heart ails when he heard that statement from Taehyun, out of all. "General Kang?" He couldn't believe it. His eyes started to blur and like a ball was forming in his throat that had tried to choke him from preventing the burst.

Taehyun would do that... For him?

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think much about it... I was furious, Beomgyu and I'm sorry, but I don't regret what I just did—"

"Shh." The Prince shook his head and gave him a small smile with his nose starting to turn into a shade of red. Beomgyu closes their distance and rushed to hug him, wrapping his arms around Taehyun's neck as his tears gushed down his face guilelessly. The noise had gone down in his ears and only the beating of his heart could be heard. "Thank you..."

"Beomgyu,"

His heart and soul felt like dancing from pleasure. Someone had done what he couldn't do... Although it was assumably wrong, why couldn't he feel any sorrow?

"I'll excuse myself. Taehyun... Beomgyu..." Yeonjun bowed down before he rushed to exit the scene, panicking about what is going to happen after what Taehyun did. What did Beomgyu tell Taehyun last night? What did he say that made Taehyun rush to the Hearths and destroy their palace guards' faces? Yeah, Taehyun could be reckless at times. He acts on things that he knows would blow up in front of their eyes, but he usually gives it some time... But what happened earlier? That was something new and Yeonjun knows how bad this is for Taehyun.