Chapter 7: The Desire

"Please, let go of me..."

He whispers as his hands were tied around his back, held by cold hands that wanted to maim him. "I promise I'll do whatever you tell me to, just please... Let me go just this time,"

"No, I don't think so." The three palace guards smirked to themselves and tightened their grip on him more. One of them went to take a metal wire, planning to hit him with it. "Have you ever given a thought on killing yourself? Don't you think that'll make it easier for everyone?"

Beomgyu looked up weakly, his lips shivering. "Fuck you-"

Punches were followed after another, blood dripping out of his mouth. "You are nothing but a wingless fairy. We're not in position like you do, but we have wings to glide with. We're worthy to call ourselves a fairy, unlike you who should just off himself." How could they say those words so easily?

He ran silently as he was aiming towards the end of the kingdom, planning to just leave and escape without anyone knowing.

Beomgyu's never had the right words to describe everything he's went through, but he's sure that it's something he wishes to forget. If only he's given the chance to grow his wings at this point, he would take and be grateful for it. Nothing matters more to him than growing his wings.

Wings that would give him the label to finally call himself a fairy.

A fairy deserving of his throne. A fairy deserving of respect.

If the palace guards came all the way here just to get him back, he can't be sure of everything just yet. He can't just let his guard down at this point of time. If they pass through the Mists' gate and seize him, the torture he would receive once he's back would be twice as much. Beomgyu felt his chest tighten from the uncertainty of today, tomorrow, and the day after that.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Beomgyu's eyes widened and stopped his tracks, wincing. "Are you planning something?" The voice spoke so scarily. "Do you have a death wish?" What if this fairy captures him and bring him back to the dungeon? What if they hurt him more than the Hearths did?

He turned around so slowly and to his surprise, it was Yeonjun, the General's right-hand.

Clearing his throat, he spoke, "I-I'm just taking a walk." Beomgyu tried hard to answer and explain himself, but he couldn't.

Yeonjun rolls his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Look, I don't know what I can do to help you but what I saw back there, when you were crying..." He looked hesitant the more he talked to Beomgyu. "It made me feel bad. Do you need someone to talk to?"

"No. Nothing can help me anymore."

"Oh, I'm okay... Don't worry." Beomgyu smiled cheekily yet his eyes didn't do the same. His words never comformed to the face he's expressed. Beomgyu couldn't even bring himself to look into the mirror and see how terrible and pitiful he is.

"If you ever worry about those palace guards coming to get you, don't dwell on it now. General Kang has taken care of it," Yeonjun says. Though maybe it has been really taken care of, Beomgyu can't be sure just yet. He will never let his guard down, no matter what time or place.

And if he needs any help, its to get out of this island.

"Yeonjun, can you help me?" Beomgyu pleads abruptly, thinking that he could get help from this one.

"You said you didn't need my help?" The soldier rolled his eyes yet he still asked what help the other needed. "What is it?"

"Help me get out of here." Beomgyu whispers. Since Yeonjun is a fairy soldier and the right-hand of their General, he has connections around everyone in the Mists. It would be easy for him to depart without getting anyone from their sovereign involved.