Chapter 19: The Affliction

"Just how stupid are you, Taehyun? Why the fuck did you do that?!"

Yoongi stood across the room, shouting with much frustration as Taehyun sat on the edge of his bed, treating the wound from the gunshot himself. "You just shot me, Yoongi... Why the fuck did you do that?" Rolling his eyes, he sarcastically returned the question. But really, what else was he supposed to do?

After the situation last night, Yoongi brought Taehyun back into his chamber and even had to overstep the border. He couldn't let any other palace guard carry Taehyun or he would have ended up dead. "Don't put this upon me, Taehyun. What you did out there?" Yoongi pointed at the window while the other stayed at the side of his hip. "I'm fucking sure it'll spark into something bigger—"

"Oh, so now I'm wrong? They killed my mother, Yoongi. They fucking took her away from me!" Taehyun's eyes clouded. The feeling of grief, misery, sorrow... He didn't think he'd feel it again. And he didn't know that losing his mother would leave him in much, much pain.

Yoongi stills, surprised by what he just heard.

"Why aren't you saying anything now? You didn't know?!" The general hollers. Taehyun sat there with all emotions coming to him at once. He feels agony and misery that the mother he's ever adored and loved with his all had just ceased. He feels anger and bitterness 'cause he knows who's done it to her yet he can't do anything because she is a Queen, and Taehyun's a mere General. He feels outraged because it was his mother that had to suffer due to his recklessness. "I lost my mother... I lost her because of me..."

Taehyun cries and puts both his palms on his face, crying within his throat.

"Listen to me, Taehyun..."

"Stay here and don't do anything foolish, alright?" Yoongi strides closer to Taehyun. "Until I send you a memo, you will not do anything. Nothing at all. Understood?" He wanted to help. He knows how to help. Yoongi knows what to do. Taehyun just needs to listen.

"So what am I supposed to do, huh? Sit here and do nothing?! Yoongi, my mother just died. What do you think I'm feeling right now?!" His neck reddened as he cried out.

Yoongi closes his fists, knuckles turning white the more he did. "I know and understand what you're feeling, Taehyun. So stay here and let me do what I've been doing for the past years."

"This is hard for you, I know. If you can stay, let me handle shit and find more evidence to ruin her in the eyes of her people, her kingdom, and the higher-ups... Even the other islands will despise her once I find out everything she's hiding." Yoongi reassures Taehyun. "But for now, stay here and keep your composure..." He comes closer to pat the younger's head. "At this point in time, you will let yourself grieve. You will let the kingdom mourn. You will lead them towards serenity."

"Because now, you're more than just their general, Taehyun."

"Beomgyu?"

His hands gripped a wooden stick as he was seated on the ground, knees kept close against his chest. "Yeah?" He didn't bother turning his head to see who it was. He already knows who it is just by the tone of its voice.

"Can we talk? I'll sit... Here..." Yeonjun sat beside him, a few meters away from Beomgyu. His hands were shaking that would almost go unnoticed.

"What is it?"

Yeonjun sighed and did the same, wrapping his hands around his knees and hugged himself. "I feel bad for Taehyun... I know how hard this will be for him..." Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun to his right, eyes tired. "And I feel horrible, Beomgyu because I can't do anything to help ease his situation." The fairy soldier uttered a whisper.