Chapter 10: The Training

Beomgyu and Taehyun spiraled around each other, each one smirking at the tension they had inflicted in the area. Suddenly, Beomgyu lept forward, sword held high, charging his opponent. Unprepared, Taehyun flinched from the force that had come upon him.

In trial of revenge, he prepared to strike Beomgyu in the stomach, but he hesitated. "Don't do that," The Prince told him before he struck Beomgyu in the shoulder with his sword. Beomgyu fell back with a loud thump.

"It's fight or flight," Taehyun finished, offering a hand to help him up. "You should've given me a better fight."

Beomgyu scowled at the other and took Taehyun's hand with bitterness. "Can we not train today? I feel tired from this," He pointed at the wound that he treated himself. The General pouted and stopped.

"Oh, well," He exclaimed and took the sword from Beomgyu's hand, setting it aside. "Should I call for the healing fairy? She can help you with that." It's not that Beomgyu didn't think of asking for help from the Queen, but he hesitated once he thought about the questions the healing fairy might ask. By then, she'll know that he trespassed the General's chamber.

"No, need to... I'll just take a rest." Beomgyu declines.

"The Queen is in her drawing room. She's currently not doing anything, if that's what you're worried about." The General offers, but Beomgyu can't help but just say no to not cause inconvenience. The Queen could be busy for all they know.

And Beomgyu didn't succeed in making Taehyun agree with him.

"I told you I'm okay! You don't have to bother the Queen at all-" Beomgyu was fighting to get Taehyun's grip on his wrist as he was being pulled towards the drawing room.

"Do you want to bleed to death?" Taehyun rolls his eyes and strode the hallways quicker, not letting the force beside him stop him from getting there.

"I swear I won't die. You don't need to call on the Queen." Beomgyu tried to pull away from the hold that the General had on him. "Please, I swear my wound isn't that deep-"

"But you said you felt tired because of that cut on your neck. I'm just gonna get you some help." Taehyun lets out, only really wanting to offer him help.

"I said no, didn't I?" Beomgyu insists and the General loosens his grip. "Thank you."

He took three steps back from Taehyun, creating a distance between them. "I suppose this is where I take my leave. I'll see you tomorrow for the training, General Kang."

Taehyun was left there standing, only realizing he has been holding his breath since.

"Good morning, Kang. How's it going with the sentries?"

A voice came behind him, "Yeonjun."

"What happened to you? You look like a mess." Yeonjun asks as he fixed the badges on his uniform.

Taehyun clicks his tongue and scoffed. "I just came from training that's why I look like this."

"Oh, with Beomgyu? I remember him telling me that yesterday." He looks up, trying to think if he remembers it right. Taehyun furrows his brows.

"What? You guys talked?" The General asked.

"Yeah? We just started hanging out and all I can say is that the Queen should definitely let him stay here." Yeonjun answers with a smile. Taehyun didn't know they were friends already. "By the way, I heard Jungkook panicking in our post. Did you scold him?"

The General made a face and rolled his eyes, "He was being impulsive, that's why." He explained shortly. It was true anyway.

"Impulsive? What did he do?"