66| The Happiest Show on Earth

Comincia dall'inizio

Zoey chuckled softly as Eric walked away from them, carrying the Cory dummy with him.

Cory clapped his hands and turned to his best friends. "All right. Now, all I gotta do is spend all the money I have and buy a plane ticket."

"Oh, I got tickets." Shawn said, pulling out three plane tickets out of his pocket. "From my Uncle Nicky."

"Wait. Your uncle who's in the 'gaming industry'?" Cory asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, and from the sound of it, there's a slight chance we may have to break someone's knees while we're there." Shawn said.

"Wait, 'we'?" Cory wondered in confusion. "You guys are coming too?"

"Of course." Zoey said with a wide smile. "We're best friends, Cor. We'll do anything for each other."

"Besides, I figured all the times you've been there for me, I at least owe you one." Shawn added.

"Thanks." Cory said gratefully before he glanced at Topanga who was across the hall. "Maybe if I tell Topanga how I feel before she leaves, we won't have to do this whole thing."

Cory handed the tickets back to Shawn before walking over to Topanga.

"So you really think he'll do it?" Zoey wondered.

"I think he's gotten better than the start of the year." Shawn replied.

"Cory Matthews, you're a playboy!" Topanga exclaimed angrily.

Shawn strolled beside Cory. "Window or aisle seat?"

••••

Turns out, Uncle Nicky's plane tickets had been for a cargo plane. Shawn, Cory, and Zoey had reached Florida with severe peck marks from the chickens they were traveling with.

"Didn't I tell you my Uncle Nicky would take care of our travel arrangements?" Shawn asked as the three of them walked through Disney World.

"We took a cargo plane, Shawn." Cory complained. "I sat next to a crate of live chickens. You see this? Peck marks."

"Oh, come on, Cor. We're here. 'The Happiest Place on Earth'." Shawn said with a wide smile.

"Yeah? Then why am I so miserable?" Cory questioned.

Zoey placed a hand on Cory's shoulder. "Cor, you gotta do what you came here for. Find Topanga and tell her you still love her."

Cory sighed. "I know. I mean, she's the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me. How can I not have her in my life?" He looked around the area. "Guys, there's tens of thousands of people, y'know? I mean, we got this much chance of finding her." He demonstrated by pinching his fingers together. "Well, we better get started. It could take days."

••••

Zoey sighed as she leaned against Shawn despite the head, tired of standing in the line. He smiled happily and wrapped an arm around his girl, pulling her into him.

"Shawn, we've been standing in this line for over half an hour. Now, Topanga better be on this ride." Cory complained.

"Who said anything about a ride?" Shawn asked as they stepped forward. He handed money over the vendor before taking the purchased item. "Churro?"

Zoey smiled excitedly. "Yes, please!"

Shawn chuckled slightly at her enthusiasm and handed the treat over without hesitation. His expression soften as he watched her bite of the top, closing her eyes in enjoyment.