60| The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter

Start from the beginning

"So, first of all, you don't tell me, and second of all, Zoey is becoming a very nice girl." Cory said.

"Yeah. Very nice." Shawn agreed.

Cory sighed. "Shawn, a nice girl like that can ruin your reputation. I mean, Janitor Bud and I were shocked."

"Wow." Shawn breathed out. "And Bud's seen dead bodies."

"I'm saying! So, what was it like going out with Zoey.... again?" Cory wondered.

"Cor, I'm not the type of guy that talks about the women I go out with." Shawn said, running a hand through his brown hair.

"Yeah, you are. Where you been? I mean, if it wasn't for your stories and the little pictures you draw me, I would know nothing." Cory told him.

"Well, I don't wanna talk about Zoey." Shawn simply said, putting his hands into his pant pockets. "And don't ask me to draw her. You already know what she looks like."

"You must starting to really like Zoey." Cory said, catching onto his best friend's lie.

"I've already told Zo that I love her, and It's true every time I say it." Shawn whispered.

"Morning, Cory." Zoey greeted as she walked down the small flight of stairs. She stood beside Shawn and pecked his cheek.

Cory smiled politely at her. "Morning, Zo."

"Shawn, could I have a word with you in private?" Zoey wondered.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right over." Shawn responded. Zoey nodded and stepped to the side.

Cory smirked. "Ooh, in private. What could this be?"

"Well, she probably wants to finish what we started last night. So if I'm late for class, fall asleep without me." Shawn said.

Shawn turned around and made his way over to his girlfriend. Zoey smiled and pressed his lips to his, kissing him thoroughly.

Shawn's hands moved up and down the length of her back, and he lost himself in the passion of the kiss. Zoey wound her fingers through his hair, and her body seemed to mold against his as if she were liquid. His heart thrummed in his chest. When they pulled apart, Zoey became breathless.

"Shawn, you know I love you, right?" Zoey told him against his lips.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay... um... I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry that I ran out of Chubbies like that." Zoey said.

"It's all right." Shawn assured, stroking her cheekbone with his thumb. "I understand. You had to go to your mum."

"You're the best." Zoey told him, placing a quick kiss on his lips before she walked away.

Shawn let out a heavy sigh and sat down on the bench. After a moment, Cory took his opportunity to sit next to his bestfriend on the bench.

"So?" Cory wondered.

Shawn clicked his tongue. "Cor, I got a surprising little problem with the Zoey situation."

"What? She wants another date with you and you don't know how to let her down?" Cory asked.

Shawn shook his head. "Am I good boyfriend?"

Cory rolled his eyes. "You are Shawn. Why are you questioning yourself?"

"Last night, she asked me to help her at the café where her mother works, and I said no." Shawn explained.

••••