But what confused her was the fact that the house seemed vacant. Actually, it definitely was.

There were wooden panels nailed over every window and door.

"What the fuck.." Avie whispered as she leaned forward in the driver's seat to look closer. She couldn't understand what happened. She was just here not too long ago and everything was fine. What could have possibly happened?

Avie unbuckled herself quickly and pushed her car door open before running up to the front door. She noticed a paper that was stapled to the wood across the door. 

FORECLOSED.

She felt her heart drop as her eyes scanned the word over and over again. Finally it hit her. She remembered from the other night when she came over late and saw a paper that said something about a foreclosure. This must have been it.

Avie was worried for her daughter and concerned as to where they went if the house was foreclosed. Where would JJ take River?

She felt nerves and fear spread across her body as thoughts of panic entered her mind. She wondered why JJ wouldn't tell her or give her a heads up, especially since their daughter's safety could have been on the line. 

She huffed and ran back to her car that she left on with the driver's door open.

With anger and fear on her mind, she sped to the only place they could have possibly gone.

~~~~

Avie pulled Skye out of his car seat and held him in one arm as she grabbed his diaper bag. His eyes scanned his surroundings outside as he played with his hands.

"C'mon, Skye." Avie slammed the car door shut, "Daddy's keeping secrets from us." She did not know if this was personal or not. Maybe he didn't want her back in the way she thought he did. Maybe things were not going the way she felt they were. Maybe she had it all wrong.

She walked up the steps of the chateau but paused when she heard talking. She pressed her ear against the door.

"Daddy, this box too heavy." She knew this was River's sweet voice.

Avie heard a chuckle and movement as something was slammed onto the floor. She flinched but kept listening.

"You sure this is okay, man?"

"Of course, J. Couldn't leave a pogue to fend for himself."

"Avie won't let you stay with her?" Another voice sounded.

Avie listened closer as her eyebrows furrowed, waiting for her ex's response. Only he didn't respond.

"She does know about the foreclosure, right?"

"I mean, I might have mentioned it. I think I did. I don't, I-"

She had enough. Her blood was boiling with anger at the fact that JJ hid this huge situation from her when her daughter should have been his main concern.

Avie pushed the door open with force before stumbling slightly as she entered John B's house. 

"Well, hello!" John B's eyes widened as he looked at Avie, taken back by her abrupt, unannounced entrance. She noticed him standing by a pile of boxes before looking over at the couch and seeing Pope sitting there.

"Yeah, sure. Come on in, Aves." Pope stated with sarcasm. Kie sat beside him but she didn't say a word.

"Mommy!" River ran over and wrapped her arms around her mother's legs.

"Hi, baby." Avie spoke with a breath then looked at JJ.

"Jesus Christ." JJ pinched the bridge of his nose.