43| The Thrilla' In Phila

Start from the beginning

"He has to stop doing this." Zoey said.

"I know, let's go talk to him." Shawn responded.

Shawn and Zoey got up from their table and met Cory in the middle, as he wobbled over to them, holding his head in pain.

"Hey, you okay?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, Cor. You don't look so good." Zoey added as Cory nearly fell over until she held him up.

"Yes, Pat and Jessica. But I'd like to solve the puzzle." Cory answered.

"Cory." Zoey called.

"What?" He asked.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" She questioned.

"So I'll finally have cool stuff to put in the yearbook. And this jacket is a babe magnet." Cory explained.

Candy walked up to Cory, holding two cans in her hands. "Matthews, look. Two cans."

Zoey narrowed her eyes when Candy let out a yell and smashed both cans flat against her head.

"Let's get out of here before she reloads." Shawn said, pulling Zoey as they ran out of the cafeteria.

••••

After school, Shawn and Zoey were currently sitting at the counter of Chubbies while Cory was sitting in a booth filled with jocks and girls. Zoey than noticed Topanga walking down the stairs and went straight to Cory.

"Okay, is it just me or is he acting like a different person?" Zoey wondered.

"You're right, Zo. He is acting weird." Shawn answered as Topanga approached them. "Hey, Topanga, you want to ask me some more questions for the yearbook?"

"Uh, yeah." Topanga said, her eyes glued to Cory. "Where do you think Cory's gonna end up in ten years?"

"You mean me, don't you?" Shawn asked.

"That's what I said." Topanga answered.

"No, you said, 'Cory'." Zoey said with a smirk.

"I did not." Topanga quickly denied.

"You like him." Shawn teased.

Topanga grabbed his shirt and leaned forward. "I don't not. You say that again, I will kill you!"

Zoey couldn't help but giggle. "You like him a lot."

Topanga groaned and released Shawn before she walked up the stairs, leaving Chubbies.

"She likes him." Shawn stated.

"Not even questionable." Zoey added with a smirk.

••••

Next day at school Shawn and Zoey entered the gym to saw Cory jumping over the skipping rope.

"That's pretty amazing." Shawn stated. Cory stopped jumping and showed his friends that the skipping rope was in half.

"Have you tried lifting yet?" Zoey wondered.

"I tried, but man, are they heavy." Cory answered.

"You sure you know what you're doing, taking Joey on?" Shawn asked as the three sat down on the bleachers.

"Absolutely." Cory answered. "Cause he's not taking me seriously. You know, I bet he's not even training."

"Hey, Matthews!" Joey called when he and Frankie entered the gym. "Come to watch the enemy train?"