30| Band On The Run

Start from the beginning

"Are we in a band?" Cory said, chuckling before he turned to Shawn with a serious expression. "Are we in a band?"

"Yes, you idiot." Shawn told his friend through gritted teeth.

"Well, maybe you'd play for us sometime?" Sonia wondered.

"Yeah, we're gonna tell our friends we know you." Sherry said with a small giggle.

And with that Sonia and Sherry smiled at the boys before they turned around and walked away from their tables. Zoey smiled, knowing that this plan was not going to work.

"You know, they like us because they think we're in a band." Cory said.

"We could cash in on this." Shawn muttered.

"But we'd be total phonies." Cory stated.

"Phonies with groupies." Shawn pointed out.

Cory shook his head. "No. We could never pull this off in a million, billion, trillion years."

The two guys who asked Cory to watch for the guitar cases came back and grabbed them.

"Wow, you guys have roadies?" Sherry asked as her and Sonia walked back to them.

Cory smiled. "Boy, time flies."

••••

It was the next day at school when Zoey walked through the halls. She sighed and shook her head when she saw Cory and Shawn in the middle of the hall with guitar cases in their hands.

"Please don't tell me, you're doing this for the girls?" Zoey asked when she approached her best friends.

"No." Shawn responded with a serious tone. "We're starting a band to get girls."

"Didn't I just say that?" Zoey questioned, slightly confused.

"So, are you guys gonna be playing today?" Sherry asked, as her and Sonia walked up to them.

"Today? Now, we never play today." Cory said.

"We'd love to hear you play." Sonia stated. "Won't you please play?"

"Okay." Shawn quickly said.

"Excuse us." Cory told the girls before dragging Shawn down the hall. "Shawn, I don't know what's in your guitar case, but I have an egg-salad sandwich in mine."

"Cory, they wanna see us play. Look at the pretty girls." Shawn said and the two of them looked at Sonia and Sherry. "Why can't we play?"

"Um, let me see... because you two don't know how." Zoey answered in a 'duh' tone.

Shawn raised his eyebrow and nodded. "Well, that would stop us." He then walked over to Sonia and Sherry. "Sorry, girls. At this moment, we're not performing for the public. Our managers won't let us."

"Oh, why?" Sherry asked, her voice filled with disappointment.

"Because...." Cory trailed as he quickly thought of a lie that was plausible. "We're still getting over the death of our drummer."

Zoey sighed deeply and placed her right hand up to her forehead. "Oh, my god."

"Oh, won't you please play?" Sonia asked as she slowly approached Shawn.

"Okay." Shawn quickly said.

"Cory, everybody's talking about you." Topanga spoke as she appeared beside Cory.

"They are?" Cory asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Topanga said, nodding. "They say you're starting a band?"