23| Back 2 School

En başından başla

"Hey, nice to see you're looking out for your brother on his first day." Mr. Matthews said to Eric.

"Dad, word gets out I'm related to a seventh grader, I lose all my status." Eric simply explained. "I mean, I might as well just strap on a tuba and join the band."

"So your social status means more to you than your brother?" Mrs. Matthews wondered, raising her eyebrows.

"Mum, look, I don't like walking all over Cory any more than you do." Eric responded. "It's just to keep up appearances. I mean, he's my brother." He stood up and wrapped an arm around Cory's shoulder. "Of course I love him."

There was a knock at the door. Zoey turned around to see Mr. Feeny walking into the kitchen.

"Amy, Alan..." Mr. Feeny greeted, before he turned to Shawn, Cory and Zoey. "... etcetera."

"So Mr. Feeny, are you feeling any regret that you're losing us from your class?" Cory asked as they all had wide smiles plastered across their lips.

"No." Mr. Feeny responded with a smirk.

"What can we do for you, George?" Mr. Matthews wondered.

"There is a large, rusty object, blocking not only my driveway, but most of the light into my kitchen." Mr. Feeny explained.

"That's my new car." Eric said with a smile as he approached Mr. Feeny, eating his cereal.

"May I assume it moves?" Mr. Feeny asked.

"Sure, like the wind. Especially downhill." Eric responded, taking another scoop of his cereal. "Oh, you want me to move it?"

"Well, we certainly can't count on anyone stealing it." Mr. Feeny said, before he and Eric both walked out through the back door.

Shawn turned to Cory and Zoey with a smirk. "You know, it just hit me. High School means we're through with Feeny."

A wide smile spread across Cory's lips. "This is the greatest day of our lives." He and Shawn high fived, immeatated shots and began to dance. Zoey chuckled. The two of them suddenly stopped. "You know what, Shawn? We're in high school now."

"Yeah, we do have to be cooler." Shawn said, agreeing with Cory.

Zoey chuckled softly as she watched her two best friends began to do their handshake, but were doing the actions really slow.

••••

"This is it!" Cory exclaimed as he swung the door to John Adams High hallway. The three of them walked into the hallways. Zoey looked around the area, interested. "High school! What happens to us now will determine our entire futures."

"Are my sideburns on straight?" Shawn wondered, touching the side of his face.

Zoey raised her eyebrows. "Really, Shawn? We're in a new school and you're worrying about your sideburns?"

"Shawn, what are you worried about? Look, it's just a school." Cory said as they walked further into the hallway. "There's a locker. There's a class... and a kid in his underwear."

Zoey turned to see two kids walking past them. One kid had an orange top with no pants, whilst the other one had no shirt and pants on. The brunette gave them hesitant looks.

"They took my clothes!" One of kids exclaimed.

"Who?" Cory questioned, curious.

"Seniors." The kid responded with a huff. "Seniors took my clothes?"

"Why?" Cory wondered.

"Just cause I'm a new guy." The kid responded.

"Well, I'm a new guy." Cory said, pointing to himself.