S i x t e e n

Shor aaya ese to, tu befikar hai kyu?
Sharmai manzile tu bekhabar hai kyu?
Rango se Dosti hai maine bhi Kari,
Kya hai tu sochti mujhko bhi bata

Tune kaha, maine sun Liya
═❋═❋═

I raised the cup of coffee bringing it to my lips taking a sip, I glanced at the large hanging clock at the airport as it strikes five o'clock, it was getting chilly now putting on my jacket I glanced at the exit again for the tenth time, she was not here still but then I caught a glimpse of her brown hair, she was waving as she walked with her luggage with a toothy grin playing on her lips.

I fought back the urge of running and pulling her in my embrace but everyone from our families was here to pick her up from the airport much to my dismay.

As she walked in our direction I took my fine time to admire her, some people walk into your life unknowingly becoming the most important part. I never thought that Mihika would become that part of my life.

"Viraj stop gawking at her" and for a moment I forgot Kabir was also here with us.
"Shut up dude" I punched his arm.

She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. I don't know if this is what love means when you are around that person it becomes hard for you to breathe, and whenever you are standing next to each other you feel like your body is on fire, all you want to do is hold them close to you, how they affect every moment of your life with their mere presence.

"Hi, Kabir" she greets him, with a big grin on her face.

I arched my eyebrow at her she greeted everyone her family, my parents, and then Kabir am I invisible to her.

"Hey" her voice is low and if I'm seeing it correctly she is blushing.

"Hey" I wanted to pull her into a hug, we are seeing each other after two months it was the hardest time for me. When Mihika told me she needed a break I thought like to think but her meaning of break was going away from Jaipur for some time so she can think and cope with the loss of Anay in her way.

She left for Shimla after one week of our talk, I didn't want her to go obviously but it was what she needed and I promised her that she will always have my support no matter what.

"Did you miss me?" her voice low, I noticed she got a haircut.

"What do you think?" even though we spoke on call almost every day, and texted but still I missed her like anything.

In these past two months, our relationship has changed a lot, my feelings for her have escalated into something which cannot be articulated in words. I guess if I have to say I want to spend my whole life with her, wake up next to her, leaving all the worries behind, I want to captivate all her senses just like she manages to do that every time she is near me. I know both of us aren't perfect we have our demons to fight but I want to hold only and only her hand whilst fighting them.

Everyone has a past, and sometimes the burden becomes so heavy to carry and that can be put down if we both try together, with Mihika it feels like I can conquer anything call me cliche but that is true. Mihika is the one I want to have a deep conversation with without any awkward pause between us, as we let see each other's vulnerabilities. I never expected myself to be in love but when she looked at me and let me see her frailty letting go off any mask we put on to protect ourselves from getting hurt I knew I'm damned and I knew in those moments nothing will be ever same for me now.

Perhaps, if she allows me to love her the way she deserves to be I want us to be tangled in love, our fingers intertwined, perhaps if she allows I want to be her poetic kiss, I want to love her harder every time things are breaking apart, perhaps if she allows me I want us to watch the sunset together which I learned she loves so much.