O n e

Gaye tum gaye ho kyun, yeh Raat baaki hai
Gaye tum gaye ho kyun, saath baaki hai
Gaye tum gaye hum tham gaye
Har baat baaki hai
Gaye kyun toh jiyein kyun.

═❋═❋═

The whispers can be heard all around me, they think a person who is mourning won't hear any of it but how wrong they are, it was a big crowd of women sitting in the living room, and few men on the other side If the room, but I could be less bothered by them because my eyes were only on one thing the photo of Anay in the middle of the room with garlands on it. I can hear some people crying in the back, Maa was sitting beside me, her sobs were clear to my ears pricking to my heart even though she was trying to stifle them, and my tears seemed to be withered I haven't shed a single tear since I woke up in the hospital.

"Bhabhi, aapko Bade Papa bula rahe hai" Jai whispers leaning down.
I just nodded getting up I walked to the study silence dawned upon us only the anklet's sound can be heard "Ji Papa?" I ask lowly entering the room.
"Aao baitho Mihika," he says motioning me to sit on the chair in front of him.

(Dad is calling you)

(Yes Dad)

(Come sit Mihika)

"I know this not the right time to say this but you have to sign these papers," he says putting a file in front of me.
I take a look at the file it was our prenup papers which I signed before the marriage, there was one more paper in that file that looked unfamiliar I read the whole document.

"It states that the contract hereby will be null and void, I never wanted you to sign this paper anyways, and now that Anay is...he trails off.
"It's okay Papa Ji, we never let this agreement, come between us because all that mattered was Anay, " I said signing the papers, these pieces of papers didn't matter to me.
"You always have been there for Anay, you always have been there for us everyone in the family Anay was so lucky to have you in his life as his friend and his wife," Papa Ji says running his hand on my head.

"Come on let's sit outside Maa needs you," I said getting up from the chair.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw someone near my room "aap jaaye mai Abhi aati hu" I said to Jai and Papa, coming upstairs I saw he entered our room when I reached his back was facing me six feet tall, black hair gelled back he was wearing a white pathani.

(You go on I'll join you)

"What do you think you are doing?" I nearly yelled at him angrily, when he turned around my eyes met with his brown I have seen before.
He turns around mortified "uh um nothing just looking around for the bathroom," he says nervously.
"You think that stupid of me, that whatever garbage comes out of your mouth I will believe you," I said folding my arms against my chest.
He looks at me astonished "I was looking for proof" he says after a moment.
"What kind of proof, what makes you think you can come here without even bothering to ask anyone?" I question.

"Who do you think you are by the way?" I asked him folding my arms against my chest.
"I'm Viraj... Viraj Rathore, your late husband's friend" as soon as he introduces himself I smacked myself inside my head, what kind of a stupid man he is, of course, I know who he is my question meant something else.

"I know who you are I meant who do you think you are by going through our stuff like this like you are some thief or did something wrong," I said sternly.

"Look I know I should've asked you but this was an emergency," he says trying to reason with me, I don't care about it this is not the way to enter anybody's room, and that too in this situation is he not aware what people can talk about.
"Get out of this room this instant, and if next time you want to look for something to interrogate or whatever, ask Papa Ji or me at least have that courtesy," I said gesturing towards the door.