F o u r

Jo Ik Pal Tumko Naa Dekhein,

Toh Mar Jayein Hum,
Jo Ik Pal Tumse Door Jayein,
Toh Mar Jayein Hum

═❋═❋═

Two days has already passed since I heard about Anay's murder I'm trying to collect myself but each moment I'm alone reminded me of he is not with me and never will be and since I was threatened by those goons Viraj told me his friend Kabir is trying to track them down.

I was sitting in the living room when I got a surprising call from Maa, "Hello Maa!"
"Mihika, how are you?" She asks sounding a little low.
"Umm I'm fine, how are you and everyone at home?" I ask.
"Oh they are good, so the reason I called you today is your Papa Ji and I spoke to Mummy Ji she said we can bring you back home, as you already know Aaryah's alliance is been fixed, and tomorrow is her engagement" she explains, I didn't know what to say but I'm sure there will be some kind of catch.

"But?" I jumped right to that because if Dadi Ji agrees to something there has to be some kind of conditions to it.
"But, you have to stay in your room during all the functions and you can help around with the preparations," she says sighing.
"It's okay Maa, at least she has allowed me to be back home" I assure her I know Maa and Papa Ji wouldn't have wanted me to leave.

I'm glad Aaryah is getting married, she is Papa Ji sister's daughter, Bua Ji died, and soon after her husband died he couldn't bear the absence of his wife I wonder will happen to me too because I have heard it is hard for women to live on without their husband.

Aaryah stays with Dada Ji and Dadi Ji so they wanted her to get married as soon as possible now that she has completed her studies, her groom Veer is a businessman Maa sent me his picture earlier he seems like a good looking guy, I just hope he keeps Aaryah happy.

"You are right, uh Jai wouldn't be able to pick you up so we will send the driver in the evening maybe" Maa pulls out of my thoughts.
"No problem Maa, I'll see you tonight," I said we bid our goodbyes and hung up the call.

I went into the kitchen made some tea for Maa and Baba, he's been doing well now which I'm glad about I was thinking of started doing something like have some kind of hobby because if I'm going to sit in the room I should know something I never really had any kind of hobbies before, doing mostly the household work, day uses to went quickly and same is here, but now there I will most of the time sitting idle in my room so I should adopt some kind of hobby I was thinking painting I was always fascinated by the colors and paints bringing out my emotions and thoughts on the canvas or maybe dancing I was happy around music.

"What are you doing Mihika?" Maa asks walking into the kitchen.
"Making tea Maa, and yes Anay's mother called she told me I can go back home Dadi Ji has allowed but I cannot attend any functions," I told her while pouring the tea in the cups.
"It's alright Beta, we all know how is it in our society widows aren't treated respectfully and with love, they are always seen as some kind of bad influence" she sips on her tea.
"It's okay I'll go and give tea to Baba then I'll start the preparation for dinner later I have to do the packing also" I gave her a forced smile.

After giving tea to Baba I went to prepare dinner, I know I have to adjust a lot while I'm there but I'm willing to do everything just to be near Anay's memories and everything else it's not that I don't want to stay with my parents I want to be there for Maa and Papa Ji also.

I was done with the dinner so I decided to do the packing keeping all the clothes in the bag and other necessary stuff I glance at the clock it was time for dinner, I made my way downstairs I saw Viraj sitting there having a time of his life with my parents, the nerve of this man.