T w o

Dhund lenge tum ko
hum hazaron mein
Hai humein to Milna
Fir sitaron me in

═❋═❋═

The next week rolled in faster before I could even cope up or accept the fact that Anay is gone forever, everyone was already getting on their life as if nothing happened except Maa she has locked herself in her room, only comes out for dinner that too if I go and get her Papa Ji is been keeping himself busy drowning in work I know why he is doing that so he doesn't think about Anay. The rest of the family members already started to move on I don't want to think that way but my thoughts couldn't help but get angry at them.

"Bhabhi, what are you cooking today?" Jai asks walking into the kitchen.
"Daal and naan, with some vegetable curd," I said stirring the daal.

"Okay, will you please send the food for me and Bani in the room," he says taking the water bottle, I shook my head quietly.

Everyone is like that, now Maa only comes down and eat Papa Ji doesn't eat at home Chacha and Chachi Ji hardly comes down same is with Jai and Bani everyone eats in their room it feels like Anay was the only thread that was holding this family together and now that he is gone no one even cares about anything or maybe this their way to cope with Anay's absence.

"Are Mihika beta tum yaha kitchen mai kya kar rahi ho?" Rani Auntie asks me, she is the oldest servant of our family she is more like a member she is been working here since Anay was born.
"Sabke liye khana bana rahi thi, vaise bhi room mai baithe baithe Mann nahi lagta," I said giving her a forced smile.

(Mihika what are you doing here?)

(Nothing just preparing food for everyone anyway, I don't like sitting in the room)

"Chalo apne room mai jao yeh sab mai kar lungi," she says with a small smile on her face.

(You go to your room, I'll take care of all this)

It was almost lunchtime I went up to my room, sitting down on the armchair on the balcony curling up my body Anay used to sit here in the evening after coming back from the office, we would sit here drink tea and have some snacks the time used to dissolve around us time never mattered when we were together it was like even if we talk for the whole day it won't be enough and now I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like the walls keep closing on me of this room it is becoming smaller as each day passes by.

Every inch of this room and this house has Anay's memory, how I'm supposed to go on and not have a breakdown, not lose myself thinking that I won't be able to talk to him ever again, I won't be able to hold him, feel his heartbeat against my palm, his touch which always gave me butterflies gushing me with feeling which was always new like we are meeting for the first time. Anay has taught me many things in life caring and loving is one of them belonging to a rich family never was visible in his behavior or the way he spoke to others he had respect for everyone let it be elder or younger than him.

My thoughts came to halt with the knock on the door getting up I open the door it was Maa "is everything alright Maa?" I ask letting her inside the room.
She takes in my look glancing from head to toe I was wearing Anay's white shirt over my plain beige kurta" no, I came to talk about something" she says sitting on the couch which was in the middle of the room.
"What is it?" I ask politely sitting across the room.
"I didn't want to say this or even ask but Anay's grandparents are coming from Udaipur as you know we were supposed to meet a family for Aaryah's marriage I know this is not the right time to do such things neither we want to but Mummy Ji said to send you off to your parents for few months," she says hesitantly.