P r o l o g u e

The sky was murky it is been like this for a few days now but I believe there will be a storm there was a feeling which was making me feel sick giving a bitter taste in my mouth, I glanced at the clock it strikes at 1'o clock I wonder where Anay is, he is never this late getting up from the bed I made my way in the balcony to see his car in the driveway but it wasn't there going downstairs in the living room it was all dark lights were off, a loud clap of thunderstorms send a shiver down my spine wrapping the shawl tightly around me I turned on the lights "Bahadur, Bahadur" I yell the name of one of the household.
He comes running"Ji Badi Bahu?" He asks.

(Badi Bahu - Elder Daughter in law)

"Sahab Abhi tak nahi aaye?" I question as sometimes when Anay is home he directly goes to his study.
"Nahi Badi Bahu" he replies nodding his head.
"Acha thik hai aap jaaye," I said going into the kitchen.

(Sir have not come yet)

(No Daughter in law)

(Okay you can go)

Making myself tea I settled down on the couch my hands were turning cold my heart racing giving me a feeling as if something really big and bad is going to happen "Mihika you are still awake?" My mother-in-law walks towards the couch.
"Anay is not home yet, I'm really worried he is not picking up the call also," I said holding my necklace he gifted me on our wedding day.
"Don't worry go and sleep he'll be home?" she says patting my head.
"It's okay Maa I'll wait," I said smiling, my eyes on the door.

She leaves after getting the water I sat up comfortably finishing my tea I dialled Anay's number one more time but it said switched off, I dialled his office landline he might pick up that one but no answer to that it was two o'clock now, and that gut feeling of something bad happening was increasing by every minute I quickly ran towards the Maa and Papa's room knocking loudly" Mihika what is it?" Papa inquires surprised whilst looking at the time.
"Anay is not home yet, he is not picking the call also I'm so worried Papa" I rambled and tears started to flow down my cheeks.

"What he is never this late and if it happens he always informs," he says getting his phone, Papa dials his number too but no response, while I informed everyone in the house.

"Please I think we should go to the police station" I suggested, they all looked at me with widened eyes.
"Are you out of your mind Mihika?" Chachi says.
"What, she is right we have to inform them" Papa comes to my rescue.

"Don't worry Beta I'll give a call to DCP Mishra, " he says whilst walking out on the porch, DCP Mishra is a very good friend of Papa Ji.

My tears won't stop streaming down everyone in our family was present in the living room Maa was also crying Anay is the only child she has, Chacha, Chachi is also present Anay's younger brother Jai is also calling some people may be his friends. I have told Anay to give me at least one of his friend's number so if something happens or we have a situation like this at least I would know whom to contact there is only one friend of his I know that is Viraj well everyone knows about him in the whole Jaipur he is the bachelor billionaire every Rajput girl is crazy about him, but I don't have his number even though they are best friends.

"Jai have you tried his friend Viraj's number he might know," I ask Jai sniffling.
"Yes he is on his way here even he doesn't know anything about Bhai's whereabouts," he says.

Everything around me was chaos but I didn't anticipate that there is more to come, more damage, more chaos, and the way my life will change was beyond my imagination.

"What happened?" The deep voice of an unknown face or I should say Viraj's pulls me out of my thoughts, I have met him once at our wedding he hardly visits our home because he travels a lot for his business.

"Bhai is not home yet, and his number is also off Bhabhi tried calling his office also no one picked" Jai explains.
"Have you tried contacting the police, I know they won't write a report but still?" He asks Jai.
"Yes Bade Papa is on the phone with Mishra Uncle" he replies.

And the next ring of the phone was the one which broke me it was Anay's number with trembling hands I picked up the call" hello where are you Anay, everyone is sick worried about you?"
"Hello, I'm Sagar, and I was passing by and found, his car crashed in the tree...he took a pause, the phone I was holding drops on the floor, it felt like someone just pushed their hand inside my body and pulled out my heart laughing down at me.

"Bhabhi what happened, say something" Bani, nudges me but I was far gone from responding and within a second I blacked out.

I knew things are not going to be the same, I knew at that moment my faith has pushed in the darkness, and there is no thread which I can hold onto to come out of it.

*****

Hello Peeps!

So I decided to publish the prologue just to give you guys a little insight into the story. I'm not going to ask what do you think about the characters because it's just the start.

But anyway tell me what do you think about the start of this book?

Until next time

Keep Reading, Keep Smiling ❤❤

Vote Comment Follow.