E i g h t

Teri yaadon ke saaye mein guzregi yeh Zindagi
Chaahe jo maang lo sab tumhara hai
O...hum dil de chuke Sanam
Tere ho gaye hain hum, teri Kasam
Ho...hum dil de chuke Sanam
Tere ho gaye hain hum, teri Kasam
═❋═❋═

Maa comes running to my room as soon as she heard me screaming, I was shaking in fear still holding that note in my hand tears rolling down my cheeks, my body felt numb I don't know how to react "oh my God what is this smell Mihika?" Maa asks entering the room.
She looks at the box which was still on the bed and a loud gasp leaves her mouth.

"Who sent this?" She asks, and I handed her the note which was covered in the blood of dead fish.

She calls Bahadur to take that dead fish box away, then she makes me sit down on the couch, I was just looking into the abyss of nothingness my body was still in shock and my mind well just went into shutdown mode I don't know what to say soon in the room everyone came.

"What happened Mihika?" Papaji asked concerned.
I open my mouth to say something but nothing came out "someone delivered this to her with a dead fish in the box" Maa added.
"What?" They all said in unison I looked up and only tears start to flow down more profusely.

The only person who had a sly smile on their face was Chachi Ji as soon as she saw me looking at her she walks to me "oh God Mihika" she says pulling me in a side hug, maybe I misconstrued her expression why would she smile on this.

"It was inside the box," I said referring to the note which was lying on the table.
"What does this mean?" Finally, Bani speaks up.

"Bade Papa we should hire some security this is not something we should take lightly" she continued shooting me a glance with an assurance smile on her face, I just nodded at her.
"You are right Bani, I'll talk to Kabir," Papaji says still looking at the note.

"I think we should leave the ladies alone," Papaji and leaves the room.

"I don't even know what to say Bhabhi," Bani says.
"It's okay Bani, let's leave Bhabhi and Mihika alone," Chachi Ji says getting up from the couch she was sitting on.

"Do you have any idea who could've done this?" Maa asks, and I nodded my head as no I have no slightest ideas of anything now.
"Do you know what this means Maa, they are threatening me to keep my mouth shut, and if not they will gut me like those poor fishes" I reply choking because of the tears.
"Nothing as such will happen to you I promise this" she makes me look at her.
"I don't know anything now Maa, I want to be alone right now please," I said looking down at my hands covered in blood, she hummed and left the room closing the door behind me I slumped down on the floor not before picking up the pillow from the bed I screamed into it, breaking down.

I'm scared now when I started looking for proof I didn't think much about it but today looking at those fish the only thing I can see is me instead of those will they deliver me just like that in a box, or worse, going into the bathroom I try to clean my hands but it was not coming out I start to scratch for some reason anger building up inside me, I turn off the tap throwing everything was kept near the sink, going back in the room I threw the bedsheet, pillows the books on the shelf, other things in the room.

I sat near the door of my balcony, drowning myself in the pain, I was feeling inside me, all the emotions surfacing which I'm trying to bottle up, people say that we should never keep our emotions inside us it only creates chaos inside us and unknowingly I have been doing that I should let myself feel everything.