Episode 15 "The Woman in Limbo" Part 3

Start from the beginning

Russ then asks, "What does that prove?" "The only reason to do that would be to keep you guys hidden; to keep you guys safe." Temp asks, "From McVicar?" "McVicar performed hits for the crew that your mom and dad ran out on." "What else?" "Well, there's a two story that tracks for me, but without evidence, at least one of them it's... it's just a story." Russ then says, "Tell us." I give Booth a nod as he starts saying, "The first one is with your sister. She and your dad go out to the park to play on the playground and your sister here spots McVicar. She tells your father about a man that is staring at them. McVicar can't really confirm if its Max because he never heard or seen your sister before, so he lets them slide off the first time. Then your parents go out Christmas shopping one day. They spot McVicar- the hit man, all right? They lead him away from your home." Temp adds, "Scrap off the name of the school, so he can't trace it back to me, Russ and Ven." Booth nods continuing, "He takes out your father." I add "And our mother gets away with a head wound." "She leaves the car a thousand miles away, finds friends, but she can never go back to see you guys because the crew is still looking for her. It's just a story." 

Temp then says, "Fits the evidence." "All right, you know what? The weapons that McVicar had on him, they're a violation of his agreement with the Witness Protection Program. I'm going to take him into custody. I'm going to get a warrant. I'm going to search his farm." Russ asks, "Search for what?" I answered, "McVicar liked to bash in people's heads." Booth nods adding, "Maybe we'll get lucky and match the weapon he used on your mother." Temp then says, "It's unlikely." "In that case, we'll still ruin his day." I wave Booth goodbye as Temp stands up from her seat as Russ then says, "Tempe, Ven, that theory explains why mom never came back for either of you during that year and a half before she died." I nod shrugging as Temp looks at him as she asks, "What's your excuse, Russ?" "Your the one that left me." Temp then scoffs as he continues, "You needed someone to blame, you chose me." "I was 15 years old!" "I was 19! My parents were gone. My sister hated my guts. My youngest sister was blaming herself for not stopping them. Everyone telling me that they are both better off in foster care." "You didn't even ask me." "I tried, Temperance! You wouldn't talk to me! You still wouldn't be talking to me if mom's bones hadn't shown up. And I kept trying! Every year- every year- on your birthday. Your the one that gave up. You turned your back on me and you made yourself a new family"

I start trying to speak to get them to stop as Temp argued back, "And what about Venus?! Huh?! She was just a child, and she had no resentment towards you?! I was still a child?! You think I could've taken care of her myself?!" "I thought it would be unfair if I only left you in the foster care. I thought that by having her there with you then it would ease you a bit." I kept on trying to stop them, but they still wouldn't pay attention as Temp then says, "Really?! You thought that was better for the both of us?! Did you know that we were separated just a bit over a month we were put in the foster system and never to be heard or seen again.!" "I didn't at first, but when I did learn about that, I tried looking for her... I would spend countless days not sleeping just so I could bring her back to you!" 

I start panicking a bit, but they still hadn't notice me as Temp says, "She was mistreated when she was in the foster care when she got separated from me... And then at just thirteen she was taken to be part of an experimental program in the military Russ! That was why you couldn't find her. And she had to endure so many things in the program and was immediately sent out to war and missions. A place where no child should be or see at her age! She was there for five years before finally being able to be released and found me! Do you know that she suffers from PTDS and would occasionally have panic attacks, even if she is in a good mood that day! Do you?!" "What?" "Do you?!" "I... I... didn't..." 

As they were both calming down the start to hear someone wheezing. They turned to the side and look down to see that I was on the ground having a hard time breathing as I could only make a few words come out of my mouth, "I... I... I'm... I'm sorry?... Ple... Please... don't.... be... mad... anymore...."  I can't stop stop wheezing as I started crying. Both Russ and Temp come running and getting down to me as Temp instructed Russ on what to do. "Pick her up and take her to the living room. I will close the curtains." Russ nods and picks me up and puts me on the ground and sits behind me and and has me between his legs as Temp continues, "Just hug her and tell her everything is going to be okay." Russ nods and starts conforming me as he hugs me and lays my head on his chest and his chin on my head, "It's okay Venus. You are okay. We aren't mad anymore. Okay. It's going to be okay, just calm down." Temp comes over and sits in front of us and starts rubbing my leg and says, "Breath Ven. Listen to his heartbeat. Follow his heartbeat, okay." I listen Temp and listen to Russes heartbeat and start breathing at his beat rhythm. After a few minutes I start calming down and then I fell asleep in Russes arms.