Episode 15 "The Woman in Limbo" Part 1

Start from the beginning

-No One POV-

Doctor Goodman sees that Venus wouldn't move, so he picks her up and starts walking fast to get to Venus's safe haven room. As he walks he passes by Brennan and Booth who see's Venus's state and rush up to them. Booth then asks, "What happened to her?" Dr. Goodman says, "I am not sure, she walked into Ms. Montenegro office and asked about the Jane Doe from earlier and started to become into this state?" They all look at Venus hearing her repeating the words, "I'm sorry. Why? Why? I'm sorry..." Brennan then asks, "Why is she sorry?" "I am not sure Dr. Brennan." Brennan walks into Angela's office seeing the same image as Venus and asks Angela, "What's this?" Angela then says, "Zack's Jane Doe. Venus just saw it and started to panic." "No, that can't be right. That can't possibly be right; you did it wrong. It's a mistake, Angela." "All right, fine." Brennan leaves as Dr. Goodman walks in just dropping Venus off in her safe haven room with the doctors just as Angela finishes her sentence, "Honey, I'll turn it off." They both look at each other confused as Brennan heads over to where Zack is saying, "Zack, the artifavt bag from your Jane Doe, do you have it?" "Yes. I also have three... three bags of soil samples from where the remains were buried."

Brennan enters her office and quickly removes everything from the table and places the bag on top and looks at it. She opens it and takes out seeing a marble, a pendant that shows the goddess of Venus, and a part of a belt with a dolphin sign on it. Brennan quickly opens the bag and takes out the belt and starts to remember a women wearing the same belt and dolphin design and she starts crying finally realizing what was causing Venus to have an episode like that.

Booth walks in Angela's office asking, "Any of you see Bones? Okay, we're due in court, and Venus had just fainted from that panic attack." He then sees Dr. Goodman, Zack and Angela gathered around the Angelator and looking at him with concern for both of the girls. "What?" Angela starts pulling out the image as she says, "This... totally freaked both of them out." Booth starts to dial a number as Zack says, "My theory? Caffeine intolerance." Booth then speaks to the person he dialed, "Yeah, you're going to want to take Dr. Brennan off the witness list today. No, she can't make it into court. Thanks." Angela then asks, "All right, what's going on?" Booth sighs, "That... is Christine Brennan." Dr. Goodman then says, "Good God." Booth then adds, "You just found Bone's and Blueberry's mother."

Booth walks into Brennan's office seeing that she is crying a bit as she says, "I have to miss court." "I know." "How is Venus?" "She fainted from the amount of stress, but she will be okay." "I remember this belt buckle. I borrowed it without asking... the first day of high school. My father had it specially made for my mother, because she loved dolphins." "Bones... I'm sorry." "I always knew that for my parents to disappear like that, they... they had to be dead. I thought that... when it was confirmed I'd feel relief. But... It's still bad news." 

Zack then comes in as she says, "You have the file, Zack?" "Jane Doe #1-29-09-98." "Where was she found?" Booth then says, "Bones, I..." "What does it say?" "In September of 1998, a grave-digging crew at the Sunset Memory Cemetery in Salisbury, Pennsylvania, uncovered human remains in a completely advanced stage of decomposition." Booth then asks, "Is it from a grave?" "No, it appears somebody just dug a hole at the edge of the cemetery and plopped the body in there." "Zack!" "Sorry." "The local coroner found no obvious evidence of foul play and sent the remains, a few artifacts, and soil samples to the Jeffersonian, hoping we could identify her. Technically, your mother's been at the Jeffersonian as long as you have." "Zack." "Sorry, but they both got here in 1998." Dr. Goodman then walks in, "Dr. Brennan, Ms. Montenegro has volunteered to drive you and Dr. Venus home." Brennan looks away as Booth walks closer to her, "Temperence. Go home. I will help you get Venus in the car."

Venus is knocked out in her room as it was night and Brennan got out some old photo's with a picture of her and her brother when they were both children and then picks up another photo with them as teens and a small Venus on their mothers lap and both her and her brother on the side smiling. She starts remembering of the event as the teens where playing tag with Venus and purposefully being slow so she could tag them. She then hears someone knocking and gets out of her memories as she gets up and opens the door. "It's after midnight." Booth then answers, "Well, I was driving by, I saw the lights... I thought you and your sister might like some Wong Foo's." "You saw my lights from the road?" "That is correct." Brennan moves out of the way as Booth walks in, "All right. Where is Blueberry?" "She is asleep. I don't think she wake up until tomorrow."  "Yeah... I assumed she would be. She had a massive episode this time... Good thing I brought her a donut for tomorrow." Brennan smiles and nods, "Yes, she would like that."