00. Prologue

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." The girl cursed to herself as her rosy finger tips scrunched up the red piece of paper.

'Eviction Notice' was plastered in black ink across the page. Chaeyeong slid down the cool wood of her apartment door, exhaling like a dragon as the crisp air caused her breath to be noticeable. She shoved her cold hands and paper inside of her jacket pocket, feeling something in her other hand, she pulled it back out.

50,000₩ lay crumbled in the palm of her hand. 'Come on Chaeyeong, its just one drink. You deserve it after tonight.' Quickly rising to her feet, shoving the crumpled notes back into her jacket pocket she set out in to the cold.

Her feet dragged over what was left of the late winter snow, shivering a tiny bit as the chilly air swept over her face and made her nose and checks rosy. Street lights being the only light source made it hard for her to see clearly, resulting in a few trips here and there.

The only people out at this time of night were drunks roaming the street to find a way home or the occasion night owl. Getting closer to her desired location the more people came into view. '2:30am' she thought 'Plenty of time for quick drink and then I'm sure I'll be able to go back home and still be fine' 

"Come on, Mr. Seo. You know the rules, go home and get some rest." A tall man with a head full of black curls hurls a smaller man into the back of a taxi. "Namsan-Dong for the gentleman here." 

"You're too good to me Jongdae." The older man patted the man on the shoulder through the open window of the taxi.

"Get home safely, Mr. Seo." With one finally wave goodbye, the taxi finally departed. 

Chaeyeong caught herself looking at Jongdae a little too long, taking in his every feature. The Soft curly locks, to his chocolate doe eyes, to his chiseled check and jaw bone. His prominent lip corners pulled into a smirk when noticing Chaeyeong standing outside the club he worked at.

"Coming in? The drinks are half price tonight. Or are you just going to stand out in the cold?" He gestured to the big building with giant mirrored glass. 

She glances at the sign that was light up by the bright green neon's behind it, 'Exo Planet' she read, she'd heard of the place before. One of the most popular spots in town, for men in the forties with money, a place to go and blow your money at. From the fancy bar and nightclub to the luxurious casino, not to mention private rooms that are completely confidential; anything can happen and it would remain a tight locked secret.

"Love to." Chaeyeong smiled back at Jongdae as he opened the door for her. 

Upon entering the club her senses were clouded with the scent of liquor, sweat and cigar smoke. Due to the street being on a slight decline, you walk into an open bar that has a view of the dancing and intoxicated body below. Neon light of blues, purple and pinks sway and strobe as people lose their senses below. 

"Would you like a tour?" Jongdae asked, coming up next to Chaeyeong, "You look a bit overwhelmed."

"No not at all, I think I can find everything myself perfectly fine. Thank you" with a quick bow, she left Jongdae to his own devices as she moved towards the Cosmic latte colour bar that had a average height muscular man wiping down a glass. 

"Blueberry Vodka Sour, please." The bartender with the darkest brunette hair that looked almost black, looked at Chaeyeong.

"I.D please?" Chaeyeong sighed with and eye roll before fishing out her I.D, that was wedged in her phone case. Checking over her I.D, the bartender glanced again at Chaeyeong before handing it back to her. "I'm Yixing."