The geyser and the tears (End of Part 1)

Start from the beginning

---

FLORIAN POV

RZM : And you already know the rest of the story.

I nodded and looked towards the "geyser"

FDL : We should check it out... You can move me there.

RZM : No problem, boss !

Razumihin stepped off the railing and turned around, spreading his wings more.

I jumped on his shoulder then we flew towards the epicenter of the tremor.

A few minutes later

We landed at the edge of the hole, where Razkolnikov was already waiting.

RKN : Ah, here you are at last. I've been expecting your arrival, Sir.

I jumped off Razumihin's back.

FDL : Just as I expected. Say...

I bent down to see the inside of the hole. Clear, bright water shimmered at the bottom. A pleasant steam was gushing in my face.

FDL : ...what is it ?

RKN : I'll explain, Sir. It appears that there is still volcanic activity on this planet. At least, that is what we assume. Unfortunately, we don't have all the data yet. Some... are still recovering...

Razkolnikov looked behind him towards the pile of frightened drones attached to each other. All of them were shaking.

FDL : Eh... I could use a scientist...

Suddenly something started bubbling at the bottom of the hole. All three of us leaned over the edge of the crater to see what it was all about.

After a while, a fourth person joined us.

UZI : So... what are we looking at ? I saw a stream and...

RZM : Well... at the water hole.

FDL : I don't know what to think about that...

RKN : ...

UZI : Oh...

A moment passed and the bubbling stopped.

...

Suddenly, another figure shot out from inside the geyser, and we all jumped. Well, almost - Razumihin didn't make it and got hit in the head. The mysterious figure landed not far from us.

??? : Ah, how good it feels to swim like this.

FDL : What the... eeeh ?

The mysterious figure turned out to be Dr.Deus in a lifeguard outfit.

RKN : D-Deus ? What were you doing there ?

Dr. Deus : Ah.

Dr. Deus turned toward us.

Dr.Deus : I was not far away when the tremor occurred. The water quickly stopped flowing, leaving me all wet. Since I was already wet anyway, I decided to take the opportunity to swim. Ah.

Dr.Deus pulled out a sample from the pocket that this swimsuit came with. An odd design for an outfit, but ok.

Dr.Deus : I also collected some samples for testing ! I may not be a chemical drone, but I have my sensors.

FDL : That explains a lot... Wait a minute.

I picked myself up off the ground.

FDL : Weren't the water quite lethal for drones ? As far as I know Razzie and Rodia are waterproof,but I don't know about you.